Upgrade to Captain w/o ATP PIC requirements

Subscribe
6  7  8  9  10 
Page 10 of 10
Go to
Quote: MunkyButtr

Just to put things in perspective--I had about 2,500 hours of TPIC, real PIC, ex-mil; when I got hired at Eastern--as a FE-- and was middle of the class for experience and time. And there are now new Captains who do not meet ATP experience req'ts.

GF
I am not debating the quality and value of PIC time. I agree that it is important and that it matters. I am only debating the requirements to obtain an ATP certificate. I am no stranger to competitive minimums and I will never argue against experience.
Quote: Well my FSDO tells me that I am right. Tell me how an FO at a regional airline can "perform the duties of the PIC" without a PIC type rating.
after the type while on IOE.
Quote: MunkyButtr

Just to put things in perspective--I had about 2,500 hours of TPIC, real PIC, ex-mil; when I got hired at Eastern--as a FE-- and was middle of the class for experience and time. And there are now new Captains who do not meet ATP experience req'ts.

GF
See, there's your problem. You flew a plane that was so archaic it needed one guy just to keep the engines turning. "Lucky" for us, RJs are so easy to fly, even a cave man can do it.

As the old salts say, "wooden ships make iron men, iron ships make wooden men."
Quote: I am in a similar place, at pinnacle 4200 hours of SIC and I just got my ATP on my own, when to a ma, pa type place and only have like 200 hours of PiC , notch cross country, my APD told me a lot of people are getting this reg wrong. But one can get their ATP with low Pic time , they are just using come of your SIc time to do so.
rightside02 - Can you post or message me the name of the DE you used to get your ATP? Thanks
The key section is 61.159 (b)(4). I think the wording they may be using is "or as second in command performing the duties of pilot in command while under the supervision…". While its dubious the fos are actually getting this kind of practice, it could technically be argued. With the advent of the ATP rule we'll be seeing a lot of this in the coming year. Dovetails nicely with 61.167 (b)(1) stating we may instruct and sign logbooks of other company pilots.
6  7  8  9  10 
Page 10 of 10
Go to