AMR may be sold off

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 6 of 12
Go to
Sarcasm is [wave your finger, Deltalina] not allowed at Delta Air Lines.
Quote: Jeeze guys, I guess they don't teach sarcasm at Delta recurrent. I was just connoting to the notion that Scoop was implying that Delta would be American's best merger fit... with a little dig at my beloved RJ pilots.
Long day MD. The sarcasm went over my head. Then again, I am only an RJ pilot.
I think for 5 years the USAToday had an entire page of their green section dedicated to UAL going out of business. I guess AMR will take their place and in the end merge with... Republic. That way you can get Delta to funnel money to you.
Hey May

I don't think you can "connote to a notion" but I could be wrong.
Quote: Hey May

I don't think you can "connote to a notion" but I could be wrong.
I've spent way too much time looking this up and apparently you can "connote to a notion". I thought I got him when he used a double conjunction (shouldn't've) in an earlier post, but you're allowed to do that too. I give up... What was this thread about?
Quote: Jeeze guys, I guess they don't teach sarcasm at Delta recurrent. I was just connoting to the notion that Scoop was implying that Delta would be American's best merger fit... with a little dig at my beloved RJ pilots.

MayDaze,

No worries - but you misunderstood me. Here is my Post:

"It is pretty interesting to see how little some of these analysts actually know. They mention USAIR and AMR as the most likely pair to combine with no further analysis.

Like the fact that USAIR in some regards is still functioning as two separate airlines. And most importantly, good luck combing the AMR labor groups with the other two groups - it would be very, very, very difficult to pull off. Labor lawyers on the other hand would love it.

Good luck to all the AMR Bubba's!

Scoop"

I was trying to point out how shallow the knowledge level of the typical "analyst" is. They just assume you can add a third airline to the mix and presto - instant successful merger. Granted, some of the more serious analysts go into more depth, but most do not.

As to who would be the best merger fit for AMR - I do not know, and am not sure how would infer that I thought it was DAL by the above post which never mentions DAL. I have many friends (and relatives at AMR) and wish them well.

Scoop
Patience, all will be revealed in 12 to 18 months......
Scoop,

Yeah, I promise not to drink and post anymore. It just seems like you Delta guys already have everything and with the recent news I got a little defensive. It's no secret that a lot of us younger Airways guys want this for future stability.

The most likely scenario if Delta bought AMR would be the the breakup of American. My thoughts were with those poor second families down in South American that are supported solely by American Pilots. (I see a good youtube video here... "for just one cent a day you can support a former second family")
The man behind the curtain in all of this is Willie Walsh.

IAG has a plan in place for AMR...don't think for a second he's not working on it, WITH Horton's consent and participation. They are paying lobbyists to set the stage for raising the foreign investment limits on US airlines. It's called "globalization" and it will change the game for all of us. It's not my own conspiracy theory, I've seen senior management schlepping to LHR and heard Horton's public statements endorsing IAG's plans shortly after. The money trail is being blazed.
Quote: The man behind the curtain in all of this is Willie Walsh.

IAG has a plan in place for AMR...don't think for a second he's not working on it, WITH Horton's consent and participation. They are paying lobbyists to set the stage for raising the foreign investment limits on US airlines. It's called "globalization" and it will change the game for all of us. It's not my own conspiracy theory, I've seen senior management schlepping to LHR and heard Horton's public statements endorsing IAG's plans shortly after. The money trail is being blazed.
Who is Willie Walsh and IAG?
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 6 of 12
Go to