Tool of the day

Subscribe
155  655  1055  1105  1145  1151  1152  1153  1154  1155  1156  1157  1158  1159  1165  1205 
Page 1155 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Speaking of which. DH’ing on a major airlines 737 today. The Captain says that the FO is a retired USMC Lt Colonel during his announcement. Then on descent, mentions that the runway is short, and as a former Air Force fighter pilot, isn’t accustomed, but not to worry as the FO can land on aircraft on carriers. Seriously.
Has a to be Delta.
Quote: Has a to be Delta.
I’ll neither confirm nor deny...
The real tool is the pilot that doesn’t tell the other one that there’s no need to meet in the planning area/operations unless they’d like to because he/she would like to go straight to the gate.
Quote: The real tool is the pilot that doesn’t tell the other one that there’s no need to meet in the planning area/operations unless they’d like to because he/she would like to go straight to the gate.
Lol, I always meet the captain at the jet. I guess I’m a tool too. I never go to ops unless it’s an international
I think meeting in operations is one of the most unnecessary things ever. I’m not going to get along with anyone any better or worse if I meet them at the plane than I would by meeting them at a table that’s located in a basement that’s out of the way. If anybody has a problem with the flight plan, it’s going to be the same problem whether that’s at the airplane, at the gate, on the employee bus, or sitting at a table. I do it because that’s what we’re supposed to do, but man is it a waste of time. IMO.
Quote: The real tool is the pilot that doesn’t tell the other one that there’s no need to meet in the planning area/operations unless they’d like to because he/she would like to go straight to the gate.
What do you do during a turn. shut the jet down, find a office with a fax... review the paperwork?

Technology is light years beyond from the ‘70s. Flight plan and aircraft status is sent via email. We can access the same on the iPad too. It takes the same time be it in the car, operations, flight deck to decide on fuel, route modification due weather, etc.

Is it really necessary to waste the time walking 5 miles to Dispatch then walking another 10 miles to the jet?

The trusty mobile phone can put me in contact with Dispatch should the need arise. After all M5000, they have more important tasks at hand rather than taking to you when they don’t need to.

Report back to this forum, after you’ve gained some experience, and report your views on this matter.
Report back to this forum, after you’ve gained some experience, and report your views on this matter.[/QUOTE]

Boom. My Man.
Quote: Report back to this forum, after you’ve gained some experience, and report your views on this matter.
Aren't you the cranky old man. "You kids get OFF MY LAWN!"
We’re suppose to meet in ops before a flight? Is every flight OE?

Here I am just hoping the other pilot shows up at least 15 minutes before we push.
Why do you need permission from anyone to not meet in ops? Just go to the airplane. Who cares what the other guy thinks of it?
155  655  1055  1105  1145  1151  1152  1153  1154  1155  1156  1157  1158  1159  1165  1205 
Page 1155 of 1239
Go to