Tool of the day

Subscribe
167  567  617  657  663  664  665  666  667  668  669  670  671  677  717  767  1167 
Page 667 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Does this person happen to be a 777 captain for aa?
Yeah, his name rhymes with Les Abend.

Les Abend | Flying Magazine
You can place a certain retired surgeon right next to the aa 777 guy for TOTD as well.
Quote: You can place a certain retired surgeon right next to the aa 777 guy for TOTD as well.
Oh yeah, for sure. Thankfully the mag has Martha Lunken. Enjoy her stories. Len Morgan and Baxter were the best though. Think there's a DAL guy now too isn't there?
lol. wow and i thought I was a tool for thinking the surgeon and Captain America were tools.
Quote: Yeah, his name rhymes with Les Abend.

Les Abend | Flying Magazine
Anderson Cooper is listed at 5'10".
Maybe a bit of "fudge" factor in that.
I'm curious to the location of two thumbs in this picture.

Guess what size platforms Les is wearing. I've heard the 777 seat barely gets him above the dash.
I get todays award,

procedure turn inbound center says "report cancelation on the ground on .... and pass along a base and tops report" i reply, we can cancel now and give you the base and tops report on the ground"

It was solid VFR everywhere!
Quote: I remember my dad teaching my that word when I was a little kid; always stuck with me. At my first airline indoc class the instructor uses POT-able and I thought to myself, "man what a numbskull.." After a while I noticed everyone at the company saying it that way. Maybe its company culture. Next company indoc same thing
Couple years later I'm on furlough and I'm taking a class for certification in water treatment. The word comes up on the power point and I think to myself now if anyone knows how to say potable it will be the guys who make the stuff... Wrong!! After that I gave up caring

What's poh-table water? I'm asking honestly. I guess I'm one of those tools that doesn't know that the word poh-table is actually a word.

I thought everyone else was pronouncing it wrong. I figured pot-able water meant water that was safe to consume, treated. I.E. Safe to put in a pot to boil up some ramen or oatmeal in the galley.

Why is it called/pronounced poh-table?

Not trying to be a jack ---, just trying to learn. Thanks.
Quote: What's poh-table water? I'm asking honestly. I guess I'm one of those tools that doesn't know that the word poh-table is actually a word.

I thought everyone else was pronouncing it wrong. I figured pot-able water meant water that was safe to consume, treated. I.E. Safe to put in a pot to boil up some ramen or oatmeal in the galley.

From Old French potable, from Latin pōtābilis, from pōtō ‎(“I drink”).
The Spirit Airlines MEC chairman for recalling our Chairman and Vice Chairman in April in order to obtain a TA by our amendable date.

He has 40 minutes to deliver....
Quote: What's poh-table water? I'm asking honestly. I guess I'm one of those tools that doesn't know that the word poh-table is actually a word.

Because that's how it's said to be pronounced in the Delta Flight Operations Manual, duh!!
167  567  617  657  663  664  665  666  667  668  669  670  671  677  717  767  1167 
Page 667 of 1239
Go to