Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 03:11 AM
Looking for a laugh

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
I would REALLY like you y'all to buy each other a drink at a bar, because you are both turning into TOTD candidates.
Turning into? I think they both crossed the threshold a few posts ago. Now it's a whang measuring contest to see which one is worse.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
I once had this happen to me flying out of or into Canada. Some lady sitting next to me said ...jeez this is such a small airplane (CRJ700 ) and I replied yes ma'am it is, but I don't see United flying a 747 into this airport to pick up 60 people a day🙃
Oh and btw this is the largest airplane your country makes...
Heeeey, that's not true! The glorious CRJ900, better known in some circles as THE NINE, is the largest airplane made in Labattland.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
But by FAR the one that got me the most angry was the following: A couple weeks after the Germanwings crash, I'm in the crew hotel in MEM waiting for the van. Two people with bags are waiting in the lobby for the same van. The husband turns to me and says "Are you a first officer?", to which I reply "Yes." And he says, "Well, I hope you're not depressed today."

Nitwits.
Oh, nothing to get angry about. I had one sorta similar right after the Germanwings mishap, except it was after landing when I was standing by the flight deck door accepting my kudos for yet another exemplary touchdown. A lady said "Thank you for NOT being depressed".
Old 01-07-2016, 06:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: Upside down, in the weeds and on fire

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
• "Is this the plane? Oh my GOD it's so SMALL!" (note: deadheading in the back of a DAL 757 I once heard a passenger say this upon boarding. What do they expect, hourly A380 service to Dubuque?
"I heard that's what she said to you last night..."
Old 01-07-2016, 10:44 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by Sliceback View Post
Texraid -

What date was the robbery? Time? Officer taking the report?

Any info?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, here is the pertinent information if you want to look it up.

Report No. 1-15-007302 Local Report No. UOR351
Date: 5/16/2015
Reporting Officer: Anthony Seals
Time: 21:29
The place and other details are in my previous posts.

HTH
Old 01-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Downwind, headed straight for the rocks, shanghaied aboard the ship of fools.

Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
Oh, nothing to get angry about. I had one sorta similar right after the Germanwings mishap, except it was after landing when I was standing by the flight deck door accepting my kudos for yet another exemplary touchdown. A lady said "Thank you for NOT being depressed".
Like someone said, they're nervous. They probably don't like flying to begin with and are anxious. And some of our brother's haven't exactly been behaving in a manner that fills them with a warm and fuzzy feeling when surrendering their lives and all control to us. I never take it personally and spin it back as a joke with a big smile and then engage them in small talk and personal attention. It works great to put them at ease.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Window seat

Originally Posted by Texraid View Post
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, here is the pertinent information if you want to look it up.

Report No. 1-15-007302 Local Report No. UOR351
Date: 5/16/2015
Reporting Officer: Anthony Seals
Time: 21:29
The place and other details are in my previous posts.

HTH

Thanks! It did help. TMZ worthy!

I called the phone number you provided. They put me through to records, who said the Report No. or Local Report No. didn't match their records....

But the date, time, local, and reporting officer was all they needed to find the record. I was able to describe the event as you reported and they said they had the report. They couldn't, or wouldn't, say if it was a pilot but the event occurred.

They can't provide the person charged, crime, or legal/criminal follow up, etc, etc, without a FIOA request.

Here's that info -

Open records request must be done in writing.
The request should be sent to;

CVG Center
Financial Operations Dept.
Attn: Sheila Hammons
77 Comair Blvd.
Hebron, KY 41048

Please be sure to include the following;
Your Name
Phone #
Address
Email address

Date of the report you are requesting.
Reason for the request.

Please note there is a fee. The fee is 15 cents per copy.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: Aeroflot

[QUOTE=Sliceback;2042262]Thanks! It did help. TMZ worthy!

I called the phone number you provided. They put me through to records, who said the Report No. or Local Report No. didn't match their records....
77 Comair Blvd.
Hebron, KY 41048

Really? Give it a rest. Who cares who it was? Its just a story on a public forum.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011

why does this guy care so much? TOTD right there
Old 01-07-2016, 11:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Pretty silly stealing from an airport vendor if you are a pilot. You don't crap where you eat. When I get a little tight on cash, I just knock off a liquor store on the way home...