Tool of the day

Subscribe
329  729  779  819  825  826  827  828  829  830  831  832  833  839  879  929 
Page 829 of 1239
Go to
You know something, Beech? When you're in a hole its best to stop digging.
Quote: You know something, Beech? When you're in a hole its best to stop digging.
It's the Internet, this is what we're suppose to do.
Really Im just waiting for that Zimmerman gif. That'll probably be tomorrow though so...
Quote: My nomination today is a Skywest pilot today who bumped me from the JS as I was trying to commute to work. Now normally I understand these situations, people get bumped all the time and the plane was her own equipment. To be completely fair she had all the right for that seat. Thats was all fine and dandy until she saw me standing at the gate and asked me if I listed. I said yes, I'm trying to go to work. I'm in uniform, she's not and she's also dragging two rollaboards. She looks at me and says "sorry I have an engagement party to go to" and then cheerfully informs me of the other flights that day that really don't get me to my sign in time. I couldn't believe it, absolutely incredible. What comes around goes around.
I don't see what the problem is. Her company metal, her priority. She actually sounds nice if she took the time to look up flights/loads for you to find another option.
Quote: See I get all that but my issue was I was initially cleared for the jumpseat. I was holding the physical captains copy. I don't know why the gate agent cleared me so early but that's besides the fact. Right as boarding was to begin, she came up to the counter, saw me standing there and that's when she told me sorry I'm going to list and bump you so I can go to my party. I don't know why she mentioned to me her party or even spoke to me in the first place.
I can't even count the number of times (okay, 6) that I had a Delta jumpseat CA pass copy and then 10-15 minutes prior to departure a Delta guy comes and takes the jumpseat. His metal = his priority. The fact she looked up flights for you is a nice gesture on her end.
Quote: I don't see what the problem is. Her company metal, her priority. She actually sounds nice if she took the time to look up flights/loads for you to find another option.
I'd have to agree 100% with this.

In all my years jumpseating, I rarely even talk to other jumpseaters in the gate area.

And this is one of the reasons why. Not to sound callous, but I don't care if you're going to work or a funeral. Nor do I except you to care where I'm going. Hawaii or work, it doesn't matter.

I don't see how anyone could get angry at someone else just exercising the Jumpseat priority that the various company's have established for them. Or why it matters how many suitcases she had.

It's one thing if she came over and made a point of being a dick to you about bumping you off the flight. But your story doesn't make it sound like that's what happened.

Most companies have commuter policies these days as well.
Quote: I submit this as TOTD, or maybe DOTD...
Well, he's right. Commuting sucks- always has always will.
Quote: Well, he's right. Commuting sucks- always has always will.
I agree, I've been two legging it for 10 years, we all know the risks, and assume such. But the line, "what's your excuse next time", is pretty douchey. Someone that hardlines a commuter with that BS, in my opinion, is far more toolish. It IS professional courtesy, in due time, what goes around, comes around. I don't take that as a threat or whining. Skywest had every right to the JS, but she is not, in the right. No one is required to exercise professional courtesy, and some, as evident, may not be aware of such things. There will be a time when she will need someone to help her out, and she may not get that help, simple as that, that is not a threat, it's the reality.

My exception is the coarse arrogance of the response, "get a tissue"? Here's one for you, be the adult, be a professional, assume the best of your fellow aviators, don't be a douche about it.

Enjoy your caviar.
Quote:
It's one thing if she came over and made a point of being a dick to you about bumping you off the flight. But your story doesn't make it sound like that's what happened.
No this is exactly what happened, it's the entire story. She never checked loads for me, she just said there's other flights leaving today.
Quote: No this is exactly what happened, it's the entire story. She never checked loads for me, she just said there's other flights leaving today.
The bottom line is...you are out of line. I don't care if she wanted to ride the JS just for the view, if it is her metal, and not yours, you have no right to the JS ahead of her. At DAL we can book the JS for "personal travel" (though not as early as guys going to/from work) and I can promise you, if the only option is I get to my "personal" appointment by riding my OWN JS...or you, an offline guy gets to go to work while commuting on my metal...you will be taking a different JS.

Now if I could take even the cruddiest seat in the back, to include a cabin JS, to help you out, I would. But if there were no other options, I cannot believe that you expect someone on their own metal to stay at the gate while you get to go to work on another airline's metal, and she gets to not use the privilege of the JS on her own metal.

Am I missing something?
329  729  779  819  825  826  827  828  829  830  831  832  833  839  879  929 
Page 829 of 1239
Go to