Tool of the day

Subscribe
471  871  921  961  967  968  969  970  971  972  973  974  975  981  1021  1071 
Page 971 of 1239
Go to
Quote: What was the big deal to ask him to move his dogs off the FMC and wipe it down with the sani-wipe?
Well, I did. Finally. But seriously. Who even does that in the first place?
Quote: It is if you want to bring it that far. What bugs me the most on a red eye is when they turn the seat belt sign off they have to make that f&$king announcement. I know it's in every airlines FOM. But jeez, the FAA ain't going to be there that time of night. If you have to say something keep it as brief as possible. "Seat belt off" and that's it!
Skywest, I think, is the only rational that turns all the cabin lights on FULL BRIGHT for their safety checks before landing. Even on the flights landing at 1am. Come on... Every other airline gets away with dim! I had to buy eye patches just for my commute with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Quote: As annoying as a light may be, the passenger has a right to use his own light. 515am departure means it's pretty much morning and people are going to be waking up if they aren't already (they got to the airport, didn't they?). The time it's really annoying is on a 10-11pm redeye that lands on the east coast at 5-7am. This is when most people are trying to sleep. The guy who crushed the light is intimidation behavior. If I was a paying FC passenger, I don't think I'd take that too well.

This sounds just like the "knee defender" debacle. When you buy a seat, you get the right to what that seat does including its recline. Putting a device that hinders that changes the function of the seat, isn't STC, and frankly just gonna **** people off.
Has a right to annoy other people?
It's PUBLIC transportation which means you need to be considerate of other people.
Paid for your ticket doesn't mean you live in your own bubble and can do whatever regardless.
Quote: Has a right to annoy other people?
It's PUBLIC transportation which means you need to be considerate of other people.
Paid for your ticket doesn't mean you live in your own bubble and can do whatever regardless.
I agree in general, but if a light, air vent, and seat recline is provided it's not unreasonable to use them.

And the problem with seat recline is not the pax, but the seat pitch.
Correct. You have also paid for a seat with a light, and the right to read a book if desired. It annoys me, but the act is not done to annoy others. Now if he were turning his light on and off repeatedly, or something, that would be worse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Quote: Not so much tool but more of a: Are You Seeing This Shieeet??

05:15 Departure on an RJ, still dark outside. One row in front of me in First, rough looking (muscular, tattoos, scars, possible Veteran) guy on 2D & business traveler looking older guy on 2F.

F/A's are done doing their thing and all cabins light comes off, and I do mean all, as in pitch black back there. Business dude decides to be the ONLY person on the entire plane to turn his reading light on, because why not. Guy didn't even have a newspaper out. The rough guy is not having it. NOPE, not today. So he immediately reaches up and fumbles around to turn it off, not finding the button like most people do.

After about 10seconds of twisting random things, the lens cover falls off. He proceeds to finally turn off the light by simply CRUSHING the bulb with his fingers. Deliberately. I closed my jaw shut and went to sleep. Commuting sucks.

SAVAGE.

I did exchange pleasantries with the guy on the jetbridge. Very nice bloke actually.
Sorry about that bro.

I hate lights when it's nap time.
I'd say reclining your seat and using your own seat light is perfectly reasonable usage. "Considerate of other people" so if the person behind a guy is too tall or too fat, and they have a problem with a seat recline, the guy needs to sacrifice his comfort for theirs?

Quote:
Quote: I agree in general, but if a light, air vent, and seat recline is provided it's not unreasonable to use them.

And the problem with seat recline is not the pax, but the seat pitch.
Actually, it's an American problem (epidemic?). I'm sure you've seen the overweight and obese statistics today? It's pretty horrifying.
Off airport Panera/chipotle style restaurant, legacy captain in full uniform with wife in tow asking for an airline discount.
Quote: Off airport Panera/chipotle style restaurant, legacy captain in full uniform with wife in tow asking for an airline discount.
Well spotted.....outstanding! What airline or air line is said individual employed with? Hat on also?
If it was close to the water he could have been a ferry captain.
471  871  921  961  967  968  969  970  971  972  973  974  975  981  1021  1071 
Page 971 of 1239
Go to