USAPA Board Approves MOU

Subscribe
28  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42 
Page 38 of 45
Go to
Quote: We shall see.....or maybe not
Yeah, but there is history of $70 million be distributed equally so I don't see your point unless it is just to stir things. I'm going to the roadshow Monday and will ask and tell my reps that I think it should be evenly distributed.

I suggest you tell your reps your feelings.
Quote: Yeah, but there is history of $70 million be distributed equally so I don't see your point unless it is just to stir things. I'm going to the roadshow Monday and will ask and tell my reps that I think it should be evenly distributed.

I suggest you tell your reps your feelings.
I meant if merger actually comes to fruition or not.
I just read an article that says if the MOU passes and a merger occurs, that each pilot will receive a $10,000 lump sum payment. Does this include probies? Whenwould you have to be hired by?
Quote: I just read an article that says if the MOU passes and a merger occurs, that each pilot will receive a $10,000 lump sum payment. Does this include probies? Whenwould you have to be hired by?
Does include probies. Still plenty of time to get hired. Unfortunately specifically does not include pilots from Texas.
Quote: I just read an article that says if the MOU passes and a merger occurs, that each pilot will receive a $10,000 lump sum payment. Does this include probies? Whenwould you have to be hired by?
That is not an accurate statement.
Please tell us the inaccuracies.
Here's the article from Forbes.

How US Airways Pilot Leaders Found Their Way to Unanimously Back Merger Deal - Forbes
Quote:
If the Merger is approved by the Bankruptcy Court in In re AMR Corporation, et al., Case No. 11-15963 (SHL), and a merger involving US Airways and American is publicly announced, a lump sum payment of $40 million shall be earned and paid, on the effective date of the Plan of Reorganization as confirmed by the Bankruptcy Court (the "Effective Date"), by US Airways to pilots currently or previously represented by the US Airline Pilots Association (“USAPA,” or the “Association”).
The payment will be allocated to individual pilots according to a formula to be provided by USAPA, along with each pilot’s individual allocation. USAPA will provide the formula and the amount of each pilot’s allocation at least two (2) months prior to the date the payment is to be made.
The $40 million shall be the total amount paid, and no additional fringe benefits or other payments (e.g., DC retirement contributions) shall be made.
Here is the signing bonus language, it says nothing about $10,000. Some have inferred but it is not known the payout formula/amount.
$40 mill divided by 5300 pilots is $7547. About $5,000 after taxes in most states. I am just estimating 5300 pilots.
Actually, if you read anything that USAPA put out recently or heard at the road show. It is 40MIL equally divided to 4000 pilots, NOT 5200. The other 1200 or so are on leave or will be off property. So if you do the math it's give or take 10,000.00. For the Probies. It may be prorated just like our profit sharing is.
28  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42 
Page 38 of 45
Go to