Virgin America Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
114  164  204  210  211  212  213  214  215  216  217  218  224  264 
Page 214 of 294
Go to
Meaning for the summer or all of 2016? Thought there were planned classes for the fall ahead of the 321 deliveries?
Quote: I heard through the grapevine that the class dates are done for the year. Slim and trim gets them more money in the end.
Quote: Meaning for the summer or all of 2016? Thought there were planned classes for the fall ahead of the 321 deliveries?
I heard through the grapevine that classes will resume in the fall, but that's hearsay. They typically don't announce classes to us until after they have started. :-/
When are the first leases up? With AS hiring and more 737s on order than VX has airplanes, you may not see any more hiring for quite awhile. Remember scheduled aircraft deliveries are easily cancelled.

AS was scheduled t be the launch customer for the MD-90. Not one aircraft ever showed up.
Quote: When are the first leases up? With AS hiring and more 737s on order than VX has airplanes, you may not see any more hiring for quite awhile. Remember scheduled aircraft deliveries are easily cancelled.

AS was scheduled t be the launch customer for the MD-90. Not one aircraft ever showed up.
The bus is not going to go away, in fact "Alaska" will end up with many more busses when we marry JetBlue.
Quote: The bus is not going to go away, in fact "Alaska" will end up with many more busses when we marry JetBlue.
You obviously don't know the Angle Lake mentality.
Quote: Window will be closed because of the infestation of crickets and they don't want to let more crickets into building because of the cricket problem. Can you hear the crickets still?
Yes, still hear crickets from the building!
Quote: I heard through the grapevine that classes will resume in the fall, but that's hearsay. They typically don't announce classes to us until after they have started. :-/
I hope that you are right. Looking for work and would love a SFO base. What are the chances if hired to get the SFO base. Does it go senior?
Quote: I hope that you are right. Looking for work and would love a SFO base. What are the chances if hired to get the SFO base. Does it go senior?
You'll have no problem holding SFO right out of training... Or soon after if you get sent to NYC or LA
Hirings into the pool continue to happen with interviews as recently as this past week. You don't even work for us so I'm not sure who you are to comment on the status of hiring.

Quote: When are the first leases up? With AS hiring and more 737s on order than VX has airplanes, you may not see any more hiring for quite awhile. Remember scheduled aircraft deliveries are easily cancelled.

Quote: Hirings into the pool continue to happen with interviews as recently as this past week. You don't even work for us so I'm not sure who you are to comment on the status of hiring.
Not a dog in the fight but......
Suppose the 321neo kicks max butt and given the fact that the Alaska is more committed/stuck with its leases than its owned a/c for economic reasons, why wouldn't a desire for single fleet Ops lead more toward an all Airbus fleet?

I Understand it will take much longer to realize an all Airbus fleet than an all Boeing fleet simply due to total count on either side but is my logic not pretty straight forward?

Heard their bean counters are really good and the numbers make the decision pretty easy. Just a thought in passing.
114  164  204  210  211  212  213  214  215  216  217  218  224  264 
Page 214 of 294
Go to