Mesa

Subscribe
352  402  442  448  449  450  451  452  453  454  455  456  462  502  552 
Page 452 of 917
Go to
Quote: 61.159 can allow you to get 25 hours on a flight training device. if you have one at your local flight school and you are a CFI, your company should let you use it for free. to get those hours.
Not at a flight school and not a CFI. Not paying 3 grand or whatever it is to get sim time in a level a crj either.
Quote: I am sorry guys since i can't post new threads id like to post this here. Mods if this needs to be moved or deleted i will understand however my question is specifically towards mesa.

i have 1454 hours. That means if they count 8 sim rides 4 hours a ride towards atp mins
i can be done by next week and fly 14 hours and get the remaining 32 hours in the sim.
i have no sim time towards atp mins yet so i should be able to do this. Who do i need to
talk to to find out if i can get the remaining hours in the sim. Should i call the recruiter. Or
call the 602 number on the site. A class date 2 weeks faster could be as much as 25
pilots seniority ive heard of guys getting 25 hours MULTI SIME TIME at regioinals.
That means i should be able to snag 32 hours in the sim id hope.
Mesa lets you count the sim time, we had a guy in our class do it.
Quote: Guys get the multi time. Put in an app, if they can work with you, you'll hear something. They need you to replace the new hires leaving for psa.
Is this an issue? I know one guy who quit Mesa two days after IOE. But that was for a captain corporate job...not psa. Haven't heard of anyone leaving for psa, but we had two people from psa in our class who left during sims there for fear of washing out.
Quote: Yup, pretty much. Have been out for few years, 10,000 plus,0 pt121, all piston some turbine. Will probably be senior in class also! Looking forward to it!
There is usually a mixture of students in class. Wide range of ages and experience. You may not be senior like you think
Quote: i have 1454 hours. That means if they count 8 sim rides 4 hours a ride towards atp mins i can be done by next week and fly 14 hours and get the remaining 32 hours in the sim. i have no sim time towards atp mins yet so i should be able to do this. Who do i need to talk to to find out if i can get the remaining hours in the sim. Should i call the recruiter. Or call the 602 number on the site. A class date 2 weeks faster could be as much as 25 pilots seniority ive heard of guys getting 25 hours MULTI SIME TIME at regioinals. That means i should be able to snag 32 hours in the sim id hope.

You can use varying amounts of sim time toward three different ATP mins components--total time (up to 100 hrs), instrument time (not sure how much), and multi time (up to 25 hrs).

Do you have your ATP written done? If not, you're gonna be spending money on an ATP CTP course or going to a regional with approval to teach that course during ground school.
Anyone want to share some bullet points from the town hall?
Quote: Rob sounds like he and reality aren't friends.
Crazy Rob Lee from dulles?
Quote: Crazy Rob Lee from dulles?

Crazy? Yes. I just heard the first name though. Not sure who it was.
Here's how all union conference calls have gone in my 7 years of regional flying (I wasn't actually there for this one, but I'm 90% sure this will cover it, because it always has):

1) The union talked about contract negotiations being productive (productive enough to keep them in office), but due to factors beyond their control, the talks have not been productive enough to result in a new contract. In much nicer and euphemistic terms, they likely pointed out that a new contract would require that people with IQs below 80 stop filling new hire classes here).

2) A few very vocal, very senior Captains and/or lifer FOs called in, and expressed strong feelings about things...feelings that change nothing, but the expression of which helps them to fill the gap between their massive egos and the mainline career (or left seat) they never achieved.

3) Some new hires called in and said things like "I've been here three months how do I bid? Does anyone like me?" and "What is a junior assignment?"

Rinse, repeat--five years from now you'll realize all conference calls by all unions and managements are the biggest waste of your time since television was invented.
I just spit out my drink at #3.

LOL

Sounds like the IAD crew room.
352  402  442  448  449  450  451  452  453  454  455  456  462  502  552 
Page 452 of 917
Go to