Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
32  532  932  982  1022  1028  1029  1030  1031  1032  1033  1034  1035  1036  1042  1082 
Page 1032 of 1123
Go to
Quote: I honestly didn't know we gave it up either. Not sure when that happened. Think the last big bank withdrawal I did was just before the pre-bankruptcy pay concessions in 2005.
We gave it up because we were in bankruptcy with a gun at our heads. It also worked in conjunction with a hard pay cap we no longer have. Many pilots, me included flew fewer hours in the summer months and backfilled those months in the winter. That’s the opposite of what the company wants.
As of 2 days ago, P Burns said we will hire 410 pilots in 2019. That’s quite a bit down from previous targets.😒
Quote: As of 2 days ago, P Burns said we will hire 410 pilots in 2019. That’s quite a bit down from previous targets.😒
Yep. Like I said a few pages back they were very confident about their 400 number for all of 2019. Hope they will have to step it up too but not looking likely.
Does anyone know if pilot hiring sends a notification email to the referring pilots after an app review/ recommendation? If so, is it a generic form or does it give any info/status out......?

Thanks
Quote: Does anyone know if pilot hiring sends a notification email to the referring pilots after an app review/ recommendation? If so, is it a generic form or does it give any info/status out......?

Thanks
Yes...it will come right after they receive the internal rec....standard form letter.....thanks for submittitng....will score within 30 days....don't call us.....we don't provide updates type of letter.
Rumor has it the new(ish) VP of business operations and planning, Mr. Gumm said he could fly the same schedule with 1000 less pilots which is why hiring has slowed down just to replace attrition. It also appears to be why everyone is getting rerouted, the optimizer is at max, trips aren't hitting open time, credit is being driven to zero, and split rotations are becoming the norm. So I wouldn't expect hiring to sky rocket any time soon.
This will be interesting as QOL deteriorates in a negotiating environment with record profits.
Prescient of the company to tighten sick rules before going all in on efficiency efforts. Sick leave will be about the only way for folks to preserve QOL in some undermanned categories, and management definitely made that out more risky and problematic.
Quote: This will be interesting as QOL deteriorates...
...and fatigue calls and sick calls increase. You can run at peak performance but not for long.
Quote: This will be interesting as QOL deteriorates in a negotiating environment with record profits.
It'll take all the wind out of their sails on the good ship S.S. Concession Stand.

Nope, sorry, we gave at the office.
32  532  932  982  1022  1028  1029  1030  1031  1032  1033  1034  1035  1036  1042  1082 
Page 1032 of 1123
Go to