Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
202  252  292  298  299  300  301  302  303  304  305  306  312  352  402  802 
Page 302 of 1123
Go to
Quote: What? Yeah 3 years is the same as 10+ years. Sure. How about a JB/VX ful relative fantasy merger in that case. Holy fake "reap what you sew" Batman! 20 year seniority jumpers!
Never mind ... can't do anything about it.
Quote: OTOH, career progression is a huge component of new hire prospects. I still think DL new hires will have a bright future though.
I have 18 years left. I would relish the opportunity to get hired and retire an MD88 Captain!
Quote: That's all?? Wow..that means as an 01 hire I will retire as an MD88 Capt. Lovely.
As an 08 hire, I'm looking at a 16 year upgrade. Fantastic!!!
Quote: As an 08 hire, I'm looking at a 16 year upgrade. Fantastic!!!
Don't think it will be that long if you want to wrestle a Douglas product in and out of NYC. It went so junior per merger that we very nearly had some 2 year upgrades ... for one bid only 14 pilots senior to me actually bid it.

The A320 and the MD88 will be a pretty quick upgrade for those willing to commute (not me).
Quote:
As an 08 hire, I'm looking at a 16 year upgrade. Fantastic!!!
No you aren't, Hockey.

Quote:
Don't think it will be that long if you want to wrestle a Douglas product in and out of NYC. It went so junior per merger that we very nearly had some 2 year upgrades ... for one bid only 14 pilots senior to me actually bid it.

The A320 and the MD88 will be a pretty quick upgrade for those willing to commute (not me).
^^^^This right here!!!^^^^
I predict the eventual 717A - NYC going so junior that soon you & 80Kts will be able to 'buddy bid' it.
Quote: We don't like percentage methods of merging lists and have never employed it. We do however like ratios by category and status which is essentially how the last three mergers were done. The exception was the NWA merger where category and status were used with the addition of a retirement credit on the NWA side. I would be quite happy if they used the exact same method in a merger with AS. Sadly I believe that merger is going to happen sooner rather then later.
Well that should work with HAL..98 hire is a weekends off 330A...puts in with 84/85 here...
Quote: Well that should work with HAL..98 hire is a weekends off 330A...puts in with 84/85 here...
Category and percentage in category is status quo. Pilots should not get a second scratch at the lottery at someone else's expense.
Quote: Well that should work with HAL..98 hire is a weekends off 330A...puts in with 84/85 here...
We are not merging with HAL. I would be willing to bet however that we merge with AS in the next 12 months.
Quote: We are not merging with HAL. I would be willing to bet however that we merge with AS in the next 12 months.
Can we negotiate an early retirement for Delta pilots in their mid forties?
Quote: No you aren't, Hockey.

^^^^This right here!!!^^^^
I predict the eventual 717A - NYC going so junior that soon you & 80Kts will be able to 'buddy bid' it.
I won't be bidding NYC. Not a commuter and not commuting to junior rsv just for upgrade, particularly in NYC. 3 airports of coverage in a train wreck of a city? No thanks!

I bet I'll be on the 10-11 year first chance upgrade plan for ATL, which is far better than the 2000-2001 hires that are looking at 16-17 years minimum. Hockey of course was being overly negative as usual by a factor of at least 1.5
202  252  292  298  299  300  301  302  303  304  305  306  312  352  402  802 
Page 302 of 1123
Go to