Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
6  406  456  496  502  503  504  505  506  507  508  509  510  516  556  606  1006 
Page 506 of 1123
Go to
Quote: Says the guy who draws dicks on the mission folders.
That was funny I don't care who you are!
Quote: Since we are talking about the ER, I have some questions. I got assigned the plane in he latest AE and I was wondering what type of headsets work well. I have been a Douglas guy my whole time at Delta so headsets where not a big concern. Now that I will be going to a louder cockpit I am wondering. If my old Sennheiser that noise reduction no longer works will be adequate? If I do need a new one what do most of the Bubbas use? Thanks!
Most guys who fly transcons and intl take off their headsets at 18k'. I used the provided david Clark's. Other guys will give you their pro-headset info, but the 75/76 are quiet enough that you can have a conversation without yelling.
Application Question:

In a conversation with another hopeful the question came up about listing UPT training in the "My Education".

My friend was told by a couple DAL pilots to list their UPT training in the My Education section. To do that you had to input a grade or AirlineApps will not accept the entry.

Do you need to list UPT on the My Education section?
Quote: That was funny I don't care who you are!
Being on deployments are what make mil guys weird. Being away from family, women and whiskey make guys like socially awkward. Drawing dicks on mission folders and blaming in on you navigator is only the beginning. After that guy break down and start eating weird things like baby food. Of course I have never heard anyone in the C130 ever use a call sign.
Quote: Most guys who fly transcons and intl take off their headsets at 18k'. I used the provided david Clark's. Other guys will give you their pro-headset info, but the 75/76 are quiet enough that you can have a conversation without yelling.
Thanks, good info
Quote: Application Question:

In a conversation with another hopeful the question came up about listing UPT training in the "My Education".

My friend was told by a couple DAL pilots to list their UPT training in the My Education section. To do that you had to input a grade or AirlineApps will not accept the entry.

Do you need to list UPT on the My Education section?
Yes... I put N/A for the grade. After a fix it email, I also added every schoolhouse I had ever attended (I had 9), SOS, ACSC, AIS, ATP course, etc. It's a chance to put anything you think would distinguish you from another highly qualified pilot. March hire.
Quote: Thanks, good info
Since you've been a Douglas guy, you're gonna have to get rid of your twitch. Boeing guys don't twitch. Nothing bad is gonna happen in a Boeing.
Quote: Since you've been a Douglas guy, you're gonna have to get rid of your twitch. Boeing guys don't twitch. Nothing bad is gonna happen in a Boeing.
I will do my best. That will take some getting used to. VNAV on the 88 has screwed me over so many times I am always looking for any excuse to go Vert Speed or IAS.
Quote: Since we are talking about the ER, I have some questions. I got assigned the plane in he latest AE and I was wondering what type of headsets work well. I have been a Douglas guy my whole time at Delta so headsets where not a big concern. Now that I will be going to a louder cockpit I am wondering. If my old Sennheiser that noise reduction no longer works will be adequate? If I do need a new one what do most of the Bubbas use? Thanks!
I'm and ER guy and have used the DCs and Telex 750s. I like neither, as I don't like any clamped on my head. Plus the 750s were not loud enough unless I cranked the volume. I'm trying to prevent hearing loss, so that's no good.

So I bought the Clarity Aloft Pro headset. PNR vs ANR so no batteries required. Goes around the back of your head. Extremely light and comfortable. I can have a conversation with both ear pieces in my ears. Volume is set to the 9 o'clock almost always. I've worn them from JFK to SFO the entire leg. Take a look at them.

Aviation Headsets - Clarity Aloft
Always a good idea to use earplugs in the Boeings -- especially the older 757s (I've even had to shout at the gate during the brief because of the fans.)

You'd be surprised what 75db for 6 hours can do to your hearing.
6  406  456  496  502  503  504  505  506  507  508  509  510  516  556  606  1006 
Page 506 of 1123
Go to