Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
15  55  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  75  115  165  565  1065 
Page 65 of 1123
Go to
What is Delta's maximum monthly new-hire training capacity?
Delta has hired a 100 per month in the past.
Very horse before cart here but what is pay during training and hotel is not provided correct?

Where do new hires usually stay?

Thank you.
Quote: Very horse before cart here but what is pay during training and hotel is not provided correct?

Where do new hires usually stay?

Thank you.
New hires get $3700 per month until they finish at the schoolhouse. (~ 2 months)

After that, first year pay on the 717 is $66 per hour. 2nd year is $93.

There haven't been any new hires for a while but I think you get a company paid hotel during indoc which will be about 2 weeks and then you are on your own during simulators which will be about 6 weeks.
There are numerous pilot friendly hotels and crash pads around the school house on Virginia Ave. The hotels run roughly $60 per night I think.
The crash pads are cheaper and I'm sure the situation will spool up to accommodate new hires as the through-put accelerates.
The gouge will be there during indoc.

We used to have the RoachCrest Apartments in Riverdale for many years, but that's long gone.
It wouldn't surprise me to see some other apartment complex set itself up as "new hire central". Specializing in 8 week leases, everything furnished and complete with van service and a breakfast room.
Quote: The line is getting longer. I know some 08 hires that are still waiting to crack the bottom of the west coast. I'm a '10 hire commuting from west coast to NYC still waiting for my chance. There were quite a few Skywest guys that got hired in '10 that are also commuting x-country.
out of curiosity, if you live in say SLC and have to commute which is better of these two - NYC or DTW?
Quote: What is Delta's maximum monthly new-hire training capacity?
new hires can also be put in E period sims or the graveyard shift stuff. sucks. luckily the 717 is a breeze unless you get the 88 then E period s would just mean you are
Quote: New hires get $3700 per month until they finish at the schoolhouse. (~ 2 months)

There haven't been any new hires for a while but I think you get a company paid hotel during indoc which will be about 2 weeks and then you are on your own during simulators which will be about 6 weeks.
There are numerous pilot friendly hotels and crash pads around the school house on Virginia Ave. The hotels run roughly $60 per night I think.
The crash pads are cheaper and I'm sure the situation will spool up to accommodate new hires as the through-put accelerates.

We used to have the RoachCrest Apartments in Riverdale for many years, but that's long gone.
It wouldn't surprise me to see some other apartment complex set itself up as "new hire central". Specializing in 8 week leases, everything furnished and complete with van service and a breakfast room.
Thanks for the great info.... Suppose the Sim for a given airplane is not in ATL
Does the new hire still pay his own lodging?
Quote: New hires get $3700 per month until they finish at the schoolhouse. (~ 2 months)

Thank you!
Quote: Thanks for the great info.... Suppose the Sim for a given airplane is not in ATL
Does the new hire still pay his own lodging?
If sim training is outside of ATL, the hotel will be provided. You are considered ATL based once you complete indoc.

Holler at me when you get a class date, we've got an extra couple rooms. You, junglebus, and boomer are all more than welcome.
Quote: Holler at me when you get a class date, we've got an extra couple rooms. You, junglebus, and boomer are all more than welcome.
Party at Clamp's house. Bring kids, guitars and ACL's trap set.

Be forewarned, I'm placarded: "forgets the third verse of any tune after the third beer." Late for chord changes on Steely Dan after the first beverage. Aside from that, "sing one, drink one."
15  55  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  75  115  165  565  1065 
Page 65 of 1123
Go to