Southern Airways Express

Subscribe
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26 
Page 16 of 53
Go to
Quote: Would one have to live at one of the Pennsylvania outstations, or could they commute?
From my understanding when I spoke with the recruiter you would have to live at the outstation. They are CASS but its not fully setup like normal CASS is. So commuting is not really an option from what I was told.
Quote: do you have to live at a specific outstation? or just an outstation.

and anyway to know before training or do you find out your base after?

looking potentially at lns
I was told you would not find out until you were in training what you base would be. Yes you would have to live at the outstation as commuting is not an option since they do not truly have CASS setup.
Quote: From my understanding when I spoke with the recruiter you would have to live at the outstation. They are CASS but its not fully setup like normal CASS is. So commuting is not really an option from what I was told.
Thanks! Where are their outstations? I can't find it on their site.
Quote: Thanks! Where are their outstations? I can't find it on their site.
If you look on their site at the route map everywhere that is not BWI or PIT lol
Quote: If you look on their site at the route map everywhere that is not BWI or PIT lol
Thanks, I'll check it out! So Hagerstown is an outstation then?
Quote: Thanks, I'll check it out! So Hagerstown is an outstation then?
From my understanding yes it is.
Quote: From my understanding yes it is.

Thanks! And Morgantown is too I would assume?
Quote: Thanks! And Morgantown is too I would assume?
Best place to get the info you're looking for is from a recruiter/interviewer. If it's not what you want, don't take the job. I've turned positions down that weren't what I wanted. But I got the info from the interviewer, not a web board. It's no big deal to turn down a job offer if it doesn't suit you.

Good luck.
Quote: Best place to get the info you're looking for is from a recruiter/interviewer. If it's not what you want, don't take the job. I've turned positions down that weren't what I wanted. But I got the info from the interviewer, not a web board. It's no big deal to turn down a job offer if it doesn't suit you.

Good luck.
I will keep that in mind when the time comes, thanks!
You'll be given a sheet to bid for your station during ground school. The Southern bases are the most coveted and virtually everyone in my class got based up north regardless of where they bid.
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26 
Page 16 of 53
Go to