American interviews and class dates

Subscribe
43  83  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  103  143  193  593 
Page 93 of 603
Go to
Quote: So going to OBAP in Vegas in March, and meeting with AA HR. Any suggestions or recommendations? I'm excited for this opportunity and hope that it will lead to an interview or even a class date soon enough! Thanks for the help.

Website says AA interviews limited to first 200.

Word to wise - if anyone's dress code says 'business casual' it means old fashioned, and not new wave, business casual. Five day beard, that looks cool at Google HDQ, or flip flops, or baggy/saggy 'pull your pants up' look might not be your best plan(true story).

Good luck.
10 767 Mia Jr
15 737 Mia Sr
2 S80 DFW Sr
Passing along FYI
Quote: What do you guys do? "Three thugs and a tug?" (old school callout)
I remember that from jumpseating on US way back when. Seriously, though, we get a "Wands Up" and it's acknowledged by both pilots. It's a "trigger" for the After Start Flow.

Quote: Watched other carriers have FO start S80 engine while taxiing. I'm thinking "this is painful to watch". Their airline, their SOP, their paycheck, no skin off my back.
Engine starts are easy on the Bus. Just flip the Master Switch on.

Quote: Watched US crew call out - rudder left, rudder right, aileron left, aileron right, nose down, nose up. I'm thinking "seriously? There's a control display and guys have two eyes." Their airline, their SOP, their paycheck, no skin off my back.
Again, as someone mentioned, it's an Airbus-ism. Since the sidesticks are independent, both sides must be checked. Since the Captain is taxiing and is not heads down, the FO calls out what the flight controls are doing and they should be corresponding to what the sidestick is doing.

But yeah, we've simplified the Bus. I've seen other carriers and they're talking constantly, calling out every single flight mode change.
Quote: 10 767 Mia Jr
15 737 Mia Sr
2 S80 DFW Sr
Passing along FYI
Jr/Sr-does that mean the 767 went to the junior guys and the 73 went to the senior guys in class?
Yes the 10 767 Mia to the most junior in class
Quote: 10 767 Mia Jr
15 737 Mia Sr
2 S80 DFW Sr
Passing along FYI
Thanks, Becks, hoping to be there soon! Were the 73s and 76s all domestic or were there any internationals available?
Quote: Yes the 10 767 Mia to the most junior in class
Mostly.
A few senior took it. But 76 MIA almost always goes junior to the 73.
It was a mix, but mostly Intl, there were a few Dom 73
Pirate, I'm not sure of the breakdown, I was just forwarding info I received. Freely freak has more details.
Quote: Mostly.
A few senior took it. But 76 MIA almost always goes junior to the 73.
It was a mix, but mostly Intl, there were a few Dom 73
Why does 76 go junior to 73- the 76 pays more so is it the training or trips that people don't like about the 76?
Quote: Why does 76 go junior to 73- the 76 pays more so is it the training or trips that people don't like about the 76?
Exactly what I'm wondering. I've read the 76 training is a bit longer and a bit tougher to keep up with the differences b/w the variety of models, but it's gotta be the trips primarily, I'd think. Would be really interested to hear aa73's and 7576FO's take, if we have the choice to make.
43  83  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  103  143  193  593 
Page 93 of 603
Go to