Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
94  144  184  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  204  244  294  694 
Page 194 of 779
Go to
I've heard that rumor for a few months but have no facts. VX is not under Alaska's contract so any mandated staffing level most likely wouldn't apply to virgin. It sucks because we staff paper thin, but I have no hope that Alaska will fix anything. 18 upgrades is pathetic. If anyone was on the fence about bailing this should change that. Who wants to swing gear for over a decade at a bottom barrel carrier.
Alaska Air Hiring
Quote: I've heard that rumor for a few months but have no facts. VX is not under Alaska's contract so any mandated staffing level most likely wouldn't apply to virgin. It sucks because we staff paper thin, but I have no hope that Alaska will fix anything. 18 upgrades is pathetic. If anyone was on the fence about bailing this should change that. Who wants to swing gear for over a decade at a bottom barrel carrier.

Alaska will man Virgin with the minimum number of pilots contractually allowed.. which is the total needed to cover flying,vacation, training, sick etc plus 10% reserve coverage. So if that means more pilots Virgin will have to hire. If it doesn't then they won't.
There has been a Nov 2nd, 14th, and 28th class started and I was told a Dec 5 class will be starting Monday.

They also were interviewing last week, so interviews are still going on.

Good luck guys.
Quote: There has been a Nov 2nd, 14th, and 28th class started and I was told a Dec 5 class will be starting Monday.

They also were interviewing last week, so interviews are still going on.

Good luck guys.
Still haven't seen a clear answer on how to update in smart recruiters. Where can I find information on that?
Quote: Still haven't seen a clear answer on how to update in smart recruiters. Where can I find information on that?
Make a new one.
Quote: Still haven't seen a clear answer on how to update in smart recruiters. Where can I find information on that?
You can't 'update' in the normal sense. You have to apply again using your same username, fill out all the info again and submit it. I think it's just a ploy to see who really wants to work at AS because it's quite tedious.
Thanks for the info.
Quote: Still haven't seen a clear answer on how to update in smart recruiters.
Are they still using that? A few months ago, they opened a brief window to the in-house application process because Smart Recruiters wasn't working for them.
Quote: Are they still using that? A few months ago, they opened a brief window to the in-house application process because Smart Recruiters wasn't working for them.
Yup. But he wanted an answer so I gave him one.
For the ones that started this week, when did they interview?
94  144  184  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  204  244  294  694 
Page 194 of 779
Go to