Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
126  176  216  222  223  224  225  226  227  228  229  230  236  276  326  726 
Page 226 of 779
Go to
And if management desires a fence to control cost then that can be negotiated at a price...I am easily swayed by money and work rules.
Quote: Um, just me, but I'd expect bases and equipment to be fenced. Probably for between three to five years. This is just off of past mergers. If the company agrees to anything less, their costs, (retraining), go through the roof.
We'll all stay in our own little igloos for a while...
On man's igloo is another man's bathhouse.
I'm guessing that a "career expectations" fence will apply. I.e. there are no VX bus drivers who were expecting 737's or a SEA base. So, no one should really complain about a temporary fence around something they weren't expecting anyway. Doesn't matter to me. I'm just here to watch the food fight.
Quote: I'm guessing that a "career expectations" fence will apply. I.e. there are no VX bus drivers who were expecting 737's or a SEA base. So, no one should really complain about a temporary fence around something they weren't expecting anyway. Doesn't matter to me. I'm just here to watch the food fight.
That's not typically what they're referring to when merger policy mentions "career expectations".

Mergers are disruptive, no matter who you are. Some more than others, but fences have typically been applied to different size of aircraft, not bases. But heh, everything is negotiable, and if the union really values some fences, I'm sure the company would be willing to sell them some.
I do think it's good advice to go to the first place that calls. None of these are hard commutes it's a west coast airline after all. You won't have to wait long for answers either, SLI should be out the first of the year or so. If it goes really wrong and you are looking for that SEA base you can always apply to Delta. I kept hearing the NY base would close in about a year, but there has rescently been wavering on that one so who knows. If you do live on the east coast I would not play that bet though, do yourself a favor and apply to any number of airlines with a strong east coast presence
Just apply at Delta. They'll kill Alaska in a few years anyways.
Quote: Just apply at Delta. They'll kill Alaska in a few years anyways.
I'm curious why you say that. Alaska has been performing very well, has a loyal customer base and has a strong position on the west coast. If Delta were to eliminate Alaska, I imagine it would have done so by now.
Hey OCCP, go get a hobby and maybe talk to a girl you troll. We're sick of your dumb posts. Cool clown picture BTW.
Quote: Hey OCCP, go get a hobby and maybe talk to a girl you troll. We're sick of your dumb posts. Cool clown picture BTW.
OCCP's posts are actually accurate. Clearly you're just another yes voter with his head in the sand...
You guys are so sensitive. AS has admitted they're scared of the big D setting up shop in the Pacific Northwest. They had to buy VX to survive or at least buy some time. Don't get me wrong, Vx was kind a rudderless ship in its own regard and probably had a few years before it imploded or was bought by someone else. But to think Alaska would have stood a chance on its own is kind of funny.
126  176  216  222  223  224  225  226  227  228  229  230  236  276  326  726 
Page 226 of 779
Go to