Malaysian 777 missing

Subscribe
12  62  102  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116 
Page 112 of 116
Go to
Quote: Beyond ludicrous.

Most folks cannot even begin to comprehend how vast the south pacific is. Most fighters have a very limited combat radius without airborne refueling, which takes lengthy advance coordination to arrange.

Defensive fighter capability (interception) defends a specific area or border. AR is typically not required because the fighters are based close to the defended area. Response time in minutes. If the missing flight penetrated the wrong ADIZ, it could have been intercepted by fighters staged for that purpose.

Long-range offensive/strike ops require massive, complex coordination which takes 72-96 hours to arrange. That's what AR is used for.

An aerial search would utilize long-range/long-endurance patrol aircraft, and that's exactly what happened... the next day.

Also nobody in Oz or the USN likely even knew about this until they turned on CNN the next morning. Their job is not to patrol the vast reaches of the Pacific for lost jets. The ATC facilities which lost contact with MH don't have a red-phone to the pentagon.

That said, if it had approached a US ADIZ, it certainly would have been detected, transponder or not, and intercepted.
What are you talking about? I guess those tankers sitting alert at my base that launch with the fighters sit there and plan for 96 hours and then launch after the fighters get back and go to bed for 3 days. Were you a fighter guy? Or are you spewing more bad info like over in the pilot health section.
Oh this is getting rich!��
Quote: What are you talking about? I guess those tankers sitting alert at my base that launch with the fighters sit there and plan for 96 hours and then launch after the fighters get back and go to bed for 3 days. Were you a fighter guy? Or are you spewing more bad info like over in the pilot health section.
So how long do you think it would take those tankers to get released from their nuke support mission and then fly from wherever the h€|| your base is to the Indian Ocean? Because at max speed a fighter will be lucky to have a range much over 400 nm so they can’t depart until you are about 20 minutes from having them on station. And then they can’t travel any faster than the tanker that’s fueling them.

And no, I was never a fighter PILOT but I sure worked in the back seat of a lot of fighters and I definitely understand navigation better than you do. You ever fly the pond? EITHER pond? Sitting on an ejection seat and wearing a poopie suit? Or do you even know what those are?
Sure did. And I wasn’t talking to you. Also, shut up nav.
Quote: Sure did. And I wasn’t talking to you. Also, shut up nav.
So what WOULD BE the flight time of those tankers at “your base” to the Indian Ocean, oh great Sky God, and what would be their duty time remaining when they got there? And how much fuel would the tankers have burned getting there? How much loiter time would they then have to support SAR activities when they did finally arrive there?

Inquiring navigator minds want to know if you can actually figure that out unassisted.
Quote: Sure did. And I wasn’t talking to you. Also, shut up nav.
My guess would be about 2000 NM for US tankers, 300 NM for Singapore Tankers. So anywhere between 1-4+ hrs of everything is working right. And they would still not find a thing unless all the radar sites in the area where tracking it. So shut up Co!😛
Quote: What are you talking about? I guess those tankers sitting alert at my base that launch with the fighters sit there and plan for 96 hours and then launch after the fighters get back and go to bed for 3 days. Were you a fighter guy? Or are you spewing more bad info like over in the pilot health section.
I've been doing air ops for a long time. Never seen fighter packages plus AR available for long range SAR for other people's civilian aircraft in the middle of nowhere. I'd like to know when and where you did that kind of thing... Don't answer that, then we'd know you're full of it.

Firefighter just doesn't know better, at least he's not pretending to be a fighter pilot to make a point.
Quote: I've been doing air ops for a long time. Never seen fighter packages plus AR available for long range SAR for other people's civilian aircraft in the middle of nowhere. I'd like to know when and where you did that kind of thing... Don't answer that, then we'd know you're full of it.

Firefighter just doesn't know better, at least he's not pretending to be a fighter pilot to make a point.
Thruster and I fought together at the battle of Macho Grande. I’ve never gotten over it.
Quote: Thruster and I fought together at the battle of Macho Grande. I’ve never gotten over it.
“Over Macho Grande? I don’t think I’ll ever get over Macho Grande.”
I found these very interesting

https://imgur.com/gallery/WhNJdo0

https://imgur.com/gallery/uIRac1f
12  62  102  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116 
Page 112 of 116
Go to