Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Pilot Lounge > Safety
Malaysian 777 missing >

Malaysian 777 missing

Notices
Safety Accidents, suggestions on improving safety, etc

Malaysian 777 missing

Old 08-08-2020, 04:44 AM
  #1121  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 53
Default

Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post

or at least what I could understand
Firefighter is offline  
Old 08-08-2020, 09:15 AM
  #1122  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 35,990
Default

Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I came up with an in-flight fire hypothesis near the start of this thread which could have (barely) explained the circumstances.

It's a stretch, but stranger things have happened. I'm not sold either way.
rickair7777 is offline  
Old 08-08-2020, 04:38 PM
  #1123  
Gets Weekends Off
 
captjns's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar
Posts: 5,611
Default

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I came up with an in-flight fire hypothesis near the start of this thread which could have (barely) explained the circumstances.

It's a stretch, but stranger things have happened. I'm not sold either way.
How many years was the speculation for AF447 til the DFDR was found? Hopefully the DFDR will be recovered in less years it took to find the Titanic.
captjns is offline  
Old 08-08-2020, 08:43 PM
  #1124  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Airhoss's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Currently not bumped.(Scratch that, bumped again)
Posts: 5,463
Default

Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
From the author “nicknamepilot”, Quote “No 777 can fly above 43,100 feet”.... And you just lost any and all credibility.

The max operating altitude limitation of 43,100 has to do with pressurization and cabin differential. It has NOTHING to do with how high the airplane can physically fly. Any professional pilot knows that.
Airhoss is offline  
Old 08-08-2020, 11:20 PM
  #1125  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 53
Default

Originally Posted by Airhoss View Post
From the author “nicknamepilot”, Quote “No 777 can fly above 43,100 feet”.... And you just lost any and all credibility.

The max operating altitude limitation of 43,100 has to do with pressurization and cabin differential. It has NOTHING to do with how high the airplane can physically fly. Any professional pilot knows that.
well, he’s not on this thread. But I’m failing to understand what you’re trying to say. Was the author implying that anything above 43k FT had anything to do with cabin pressurization?
Firefighter is offline  
Old 08-08-2020, 11:28 PM
  #1126  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 53
Default

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I came up with an in-flight fire hypothesis near the start of this thread which could have (barely) explained the circumstances.

It's a stretch, but stranger things have happened. I'm not sold either way.

interesting. I’ll have to dig for that. This was the first time I heard that the aircraft had an in flight fire two weeks prior to the disappearance.
Firefighter is offline  
Old 08-09-2020, 08:32 AM
  #1127  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Airhoss's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Currently not bumped.(Scratch that, bumped again)
Posts: 5,463
Default

Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
well, he’s not on this thread. But I’m failing to understand what you’re trying to say. Was the author implying that anything above 43k FT had anything to do with cabin pressurization?
I “trying to say“ exactly what I said. The author said that no 777 can fly above 43,100 feet. He used that false assumption to discredit the radar track that showed the accident aircraft at above 50,000 feet at one point.

The flight manual limit of 43,100 is simply a cabin pressurization limitation. The airplane is capable of flying much higher than 43,100. Claiming that the radar track altitude data was impossible because a flight manual altitude limitation was exceeded is absolutely incorrect and it immediately proves that the author is not a professional pilot, and has very limited or no aerospace/ commercial aviation knowledge. He’s a blogger with decent google search skills, He has no real world knowledge and as such should not be trusted to provide accurate information on this subject.

Just FYI.
Airhoss is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Roll Inverted and Pull
Major
8
03-04-2008 07:36 PM
boost
Cargo
1
02-01-2008 04:38 PM
Dog Breath
Hangar Talk
8
09-13-2007 09:48 AM
madfoxjay
Part 135
8
09-06-2007 09:25 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread