NetJets Interview Gouge

Subscribe
4  44  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  64 
Page 54 of 75
Go to
[QUOTE=Heywood2;2278686]
Quote:
The grass is always greener somewhere else,problem is you'll be taking the same attitude to your next job..And you'll be a whiners over there too.
Bye
hahahahahahaha

good luck convincing people to come and stay at Netjets with that attitude.

Funnier still is the analogy of the grass is always greener. For new hires at Netjets, we can't see our neighbor's grass. We are looking out of our apartment at the highway.

I'll come back in 2 years when Netjets gets sold by BH to see how it's going.
Try to stay classy Buckeye , you will be missed : )
Quote:
Netjets took a lot of people who were down on their luck and made them comfortable with Home-basing and just enough money (if you are a captain or senior FO) to not leave. And now that they've been captains for 15 years they act like their S doesn't stink and that we should just suck it up and be FOs for 20 years because "it's all about timing" or if we don't like it "we should just leave".
This is known as the 'Great Netjets talent inversion'. Basically, the more senior you are here, the least capable aviator you are likely to be. Why? Those who could leave (roughly pre-2005), did leave. Those who stayed, couldn't leave mainly due to lack of ability/resume/ambition/etc. And now they're all smug, talentless "captains" convinced of their superiority...and most had done essentially nothing of value in their lives before coming here. Said another way, skill level is inversely proportional to seniority here.

And you're right...alot of these pretentious douche bags sit around on the union board talking down to people as though they somehow earned their positions. Sickening.
[QUOTE=Jetlife;2278657]
Quote:
Congrats!!!!! Your points were right on, and are echoed by the majority of FOs here. My entire class is on the first ticket out.
If only we had a mandatory retirement age. We'd dramatically improve safety, reduce unnecessary attrition, and create a normal career progression...imagine that.

Gummers love money - and they're willing to do anything for it.
Unless you really enjoy the Citations and Embraer corporate world, airlines have a superior QOL than Netjets in terms of :

-Pay ( the gap is growing)

-Retirement (netjets has a good retirement, just not as good)

-Schedule (with average seniority I'll spend 7 nights out of my bed in Feb)

-Travel benefits (yes they do work in the airlines)

-Seniority progression

-Standardization (netjets is as standardized as they come in the biz jet world)

-Pre/post flight work

In today's world, the only advantage I see for Netjets is the home basing if you want to live anywhere other than an airline base.

Netjets is a very good company, but the seniority progression and schedule are two very big drawbacks IMO.
Quote: I will badmouth Netjets as much as anyone alive.

That being said, when it comes to limiting or helping with getting a job at the majors, it cuts both ways if you are someone looking to come to Netjets as a stepping stone:
NJA hurts you in that non-121 is looked down upon.
NJA hurts you in that you'll not get any PIC time.
NJA hurts you in that the type rating you get does nothing to enhance your resume.
NJA hurts you in that you log less time here than at a regional/national airline.

NJA helps you in that you will have diverse flight experience.
NJA helps you in that you (should) get excellent customer service experience.
These are all solid points and valid. I can assure you my NJA experience did not get my resume looked at by UAL in 2013. However, it will get to a point where PIC won't be required by the majors, but still desired.

NJA was a good job, but a terrible career.
Guys,strive to be happy, and prosper wherever you are, be good , out !!! : )
[QUOTE=Heywood2;2278601]
Quote: I will badmouth Netjets as much as anyone alive.

Why?
This is not the military,anybody who doesn't want to work at netjets is free to put out resumes and leave. Everyone I know that has applied at the legacy carriers has been getting invites for interviews.
Delta is hiring 1200 guys in the next year,UPS is hiring 300 next year.
All of the big carriers are hiring similar numbers.
Quit *****in and move on....
He gave his opinion which is what most of us are looking for on this forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Netjets works for many people which is great - and they should share why it works for them if they so choose. But more important, we should hear why it does not work for others so that people can evaluate and potentially avoid bad career choices... That is the value of this website IMO.
LOL this website is the biggest byotchfest outside of the cockpit itself : ) more crying here than at a romcom, more drama too : )
Quote: LOL this website is the biggest byotchfest outside of the cockpit itself : ) more crying here than at a romcom, more drama too : )
The union board is 100 times worse...full of propaganda, disingenuous tripe, insults, jealousy, lies, and misinformation - and those are just the posts from Tree.
4  44  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  64 
Page 54 of 75
Go to