Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
427  927  1327  1377  1417  1423  1424  1425  1426  1427  1428  1429  1430  1431  1437  1477  1527  1927  2427 
Page 1427 of 2545
Go to
Quote: Better place to find the exact answer would be in the union contract
Its 7 for P2.

A Pilot on P1 who has not been given a flight assignment by 1400 local time at his Domicile on his last day of Reserve before his Day Off will automatically be released to his Day Off. A Pilot on P2 who has not been given a flight assignment by 1900 local time at his Domicile on his last day of Reserve before his Day Off will automatically be released to his Day Off. (LOA 71.P.)
Quote: Regionals will be around for quite some time, we are being shifted into an ab-intio training ground. Delta has spent the last 12 months in Congress working on getting this through. Once the FAA approves it, Delta will go straight to the top colleges to find its future pilots.
Regionals will remain in place also because I suspect they are a profit center for the three majors who use this model. Some of the most expensive fares are city pairings served by regional carriers, meanwhile the overhead for regional crews operating those flight are much lower than mainline crews, despite the less efficient nature of regional aircraft.

I could be wrong but it sure would be interesting to see the profit margin if a company were to park regional jets and solely operate mainline aircraft, or operate regional jets with mainline crews.
Quote: If I'm on p2 reserve and it's my last day what time can I head home? Would it be 8 pm or 10 pm
Well, that depends on a lot... You are automatically released at 7 pm per the contract if you were only on call... Realistically it depends on your base, aircraft, and day. And for that matter if you are driving or flying out. Too many variables to generalize on this board.
Quote: Regionals will remain in place also because I suspect they are a profit center for the three majors who use this model. Some of the most expensive fares are city pairings served by regional carriers, meanwhile the overhead for regional crews operating those flight are much lower than mainline crews, despite the less efficient nature of regional aircraft.

I could be wrong but it sure would be interesting to see the profit margin if a company were to park regional jets and solely operate mainline aircraft, or operate regional jets with mainline crews.
See Southwest, JetBlue, Spirit, Virgin America, Frontier, Allegiant, Sun Country......
Quote: Regionals will remain in place also because I suspect they are a profit center for the three majors who use this model. Some of the most expensive fares are city pairings served by regional carriers, meanwhile the overhead for regional crews operating those flight are much lower than mainline crews, despite the less efficient nature of regional aircraft.

As the cost disparity of pilot pay narrows, that margin decreases. At some point, that will combine with the cost of the duplication of administrative services (executives, payroll, HR, OCC, etc) to make regionals not worthwhile. That's assuming our pay continues to rise.
Quote: See Southwest, JetBlue, Spirit, Virgin America, Frontier, Allegiant, Sun Country......
I would agree with you there, but also point out that those companies typically have much lower overhead in a lot of other areas as well, they don't fly long-haul Asian and European international routes, and at least two of those companies weathered the storm much more successfully in the years after 9/11 and the 2008 real estate market meltdown.

It's all just conjecture, but I'm not sure the three largest legacy carriers would be in a position to operate in the same (efficient) manner if the regionals were to disappear tomorrow.
Quote: As the cost disparity of pilot pay narrows, that margin decreases. At some point, that will combine with the cost of the duplication of administrative services (executives, payroll, HR, OCC, etc) to make regionals not worthwhile. That's assuming our pay continues to rise.
Agree with you on that point. The duplication of administrative costs at the regionals is likely a significant factor as well. I wonder if many of those employees would be absorbed at their mainline counterparts...
I do believe, at least here at Endeavor, we will see more and more managerial positions handed over to Delta for cost efficiency.
Quote: I do believe, at least here at Endeavor, we will see more and more managerial positions handed over to Delta for cost efficiency.
There's not much more that can be handed over without running afowl of the FAA requirements and triggering a bulletproof case for single carrier status.
Anyone feel as if the whole rolling the bonus into our pay talk just stopped... I haven't heard anything or gotten any emails with any updates on the current negotiations, did I miss something?
427  927  1327  1377  1417  1423  1424  1425  1426  1427  1428  1429  1430  1431  1437  1477  1527  1927  2427 
Page 1427 of 2545
Go to