Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
1367  1867  2267  2317  2357  2363  2364  2365  2366  2367  2368  2369  2370  2371  2377  2417  2467 
Page 2367 of 2545
Go to
[QUOTE=Woger Wabbit;3056672]
Quote: https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/delta...tml[/QUOTE]

Even if that article were true, “overstaffed by 7000 pilots” doesn’t mean you lay-off 7000 pilots. Especially in this uncertain climate. How many training events is that? How much $ is that? What if things pick up sooner than expected? Now you’re way behind the curve to bring people back, which adds even more training. Unless they plan on keeping that group furloughed for more than a year (maybe longer), it may be cheaper to pay reduced lines and not incur the extra shuffling costs.

Truth is, nobody knows what’s gonna happen until we see load capacities in the fall.

You can always tell who's new to he industry. You kids,, need to pay attention to your elders when they speak. I been furlough, and stuck in a FO seat for longer than some of you have flt hrs as captains

They dont care about training events, because there will be no training, other than recurrent. They will cut to the bone, like they have always done, and when they call back,, they don't call back what they need,, just a few guys at a time. There will be no flows, until the last guy gets called back, so expect to sit, if you are lucky, as an FO for a long time Capts, it might not even be worth to go to the majors, by that time, you will be making top dollar, jumping over will mean a substantial paycut, especially after this, all salaries are going to be renegotiated.

Good luck to all of you.
Quote: I’m predicting zero furloughs. Could be wrong, but I don’t think so.
Do you mind explaining why? It's okay to have this opinion, but why zero furloughs?
Quote: I’m predicting zero furloughs. Could be wrong, but I don’t think so.
Predicting and preparing should not be mutually exclusive.
[QUOTE=flyguy727;3057174]
Quote:

You can always tell who's new to he industry. You kids,, need to pay attention to your elders when they speak. I been furlough, and stuck in a FO seat for longer than some of you have flt hrs as captains

They dont care about training events, because there will be no training, other than recurrent. They will cut to the bone, like they have always done, and when they call back,, they don't call back what they need,, just a few guys at a time. There will be no flows, until the last guy gets called back, so expect to sit, if you are lucky, as an FO for a long time Capts, it might not even be worth to go to the majors, by that time, you will be making top dollar, jumping over will mean a substantial paycut, especially after this, all salaries are going to be renegotiated.

Good luck to all of you.
Ok Boomer.
[QUOTE=quitty123456789;3057273]
Quote:
Ok Boomer.
Could you give your device to your Mom or Dad so that we could discuss the matter?
Quote: Do you mind explaining why? It's okay to have this opinion, but why zero furloughs?
if this reopening of the states goes well it’s going to have a very positive affect on the economy. Domestic travel is going to recover first and people are going to get back to the living their lives. Which means going on vacations, business trips etc... If it goes bad, it’s a whole different ball game. Let’s hope for the best.
Quote: It’s not good. I’m guessing ExpressJet is setting up to furlough 700+ pilots or 60% of the pilot group come October. It’s cheaper to downgrade and keep the majority of the group on FO wages. This should be a wake up call. With that being said, KK at United did say the 50 seater is coming to an end at United. Im hopeful that we have a better relationship with Delta than ExpressJet does with United. To think it will take a DOH of 2000 to hold CA at a regional is unfathomable.
XJT has lost Delta flying and American flying in the last few years. It also hired as many as it could to fill a 175 program that UA pulled away.

I'm not saying that couldn't happen here, but the cards have been stacked against XJT for awhile. The latest word is XJT needs to staff for 40 planes in October.
Quote:

Good luck to all of you.
Yep, I’m still a rookie at year 13.
Quote:

Good luck to all of you.
Oh so you’ve been through a pandemic mass parking of AC before ? Can you tell me how the last one played out papa ?
Quote:
Oh so you’ve been through a pandemic mass parking of AC before ? Can you tell me how the last one played out papa ?
Just make sure you're talking to the right "papa". That was flyguy727 yakking.
1367  1867  2267  2317  2357  2363  2364  2365  2366  2367  2368  2369  2370  2371  2377  2417  2467 
Page 2367 of 2545
Go to