Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
82  482  532  572  578  579  580  581  582  583  584  585  586  592  632  682  1082  1582 
Page 582 of 2545
Go to
Quote: We are currently testing the Microsoft Surface 3 (which sucks) and the iPad Air 2. We have about 3 months left in operational testing. I'm testing the surface and the feeling I keep getting from management is they want iPads as much as the pilots do. If everything goes according to the schedule we should see the first batch of pilots transition to EFB's in the Dec 15 - Feb 16 timeframe.
The only good thing about having paper manuals, it is way easier to study as a newhire. I went through 2 121 initials and 1 upgrade using nothing but paper but when I went through upgrade we had copies available on a tablet and it was impossible to study from those. Nothing compares to bookmarks and tabs and a highlighter.
For how long do current pilots at Endeavor foresee good movement up in the seniority list for new hires off reserve and to upgrade? I've read its about 3-4 months reserve in new york and 2+ years to upgrade. Will that last over the next several years or do you think things will stall at some point? ( I know its all based on the economy doing well and not having a downturn, assuming things stay good for the next 4-5 years).
Do Endeavor pilots get priority on Delta mainline jumpseats for commuters? Or is it only on endeavor metal? How does the jumpseat work on delta mainline? Can you list in advance a day or week ?etc? thanks for the info guys and gals!
NYG,
No one can accurately predict the future movement. However, based on numbers right now and "planned" for the remainder of the year you will continue to move up the seniority list. Upgrades for the next 6-12 months look like they'll remain quick. After that, who knows?

Endeavor gets priority over all other regionals on delta metal.
You can list nonrev as far in advance as you like. Delta bases it solely on seniority so it doesn't matter how far in advance you sign up. I'm pretty sure JS is six hrs prior but is based on seniority as well (someone please correct me if I'm wrong and JS is first come first serve).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: NYG,
No one can accurately predict the future movement. However, based on numbers right now and "planned" for the remainder of the year you will continue to move up the seniority list. Upgrades for the next 6-12 months look like they'll remain quick. After that, who knows?

Endeavor gets priority over all other regionals on delta metal.
You can list nonrev as far in advance as you like. Delta bases it solely on seniority so it doesn't matter how far in advance you sign up. I'm pretty sure JS is six hrs prior but is based on seniority as well (someone please correct me if I'm wrong and JS is first come first serve).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jumpseat is based on time of listing, not seniority.
Quote: The only good thing about having paper manuals, it is way easier to study as a newhire. I went through 2 121 initials and 1 upgrade using nothing but paper but when I went through upgrade we had copies available on a tablet and it was impossible to study from those. Nothing compares to bookmarks and tabs and a highlighter.
I agree 100%. I still pull out paper to brief any flight into/out of our bases because they sit already highlighted in my trip binder.
Quote: I agree 100%. I still pull out paper to brief any flight into/out of our bases because they sit already highlighted in my trip binder.
And if you attempt to use electronic bookmarks, they all get erased the next time an update comes out.
At least I won't need a carry around a pack of those white tape circles to reinforce the holes that my Jepps chewed up...
Quote: We are currently testing the Microsoft Surface 3 (which sucks) and the iPad Air 2. We have about 3 months left in operational testing. I'm testing the surface and the feeling I keep getting from management is they want iPads as much as the pilots do. If everything goes according to the schedule we should see the first batch of pilots transition to EFB's in the Dec 15 - Feb 16 timeframe.
Anyone that votes for the surface should be tied and beaten.
Quote: Anyone that votes for the surface should be tied and beaten.
Isn't one of Delta's biggest corporate customers Microsoft? I highly doubt the mothership would allow Apple products to fly at their WO.
82  482  532  572  578  579  580  581  582  583  584  585  586  592  632  682  1082  1582 
Page 582 of 2545
Go to