Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  18  58  108  508  1008 
Page 8 of 2545
Go to
Quote: Just curious where you got those numbers. Todays union email says 24-25 total airframes for the remainder of the year. Thats an increase over what was planned.
Something to note. Airframes and lines of flying are different. We may operate 17 lines of flying for 21 airframes, or 24 lines of flying with 25 airframes. The key point is actual airframes. Planes sitting as spares don't make money, but you will always need more airframes compared to lines to have mx frames and spares. Pretty sure the number for June was 17 lines and 20 frames. That was a spare per base and 1 for scheduled mx. With 23 lines and 25-26 frames block hours go up a good bit. Last I was told was 32 lines and 36 frames as the plan with hiring. Good bit of movement to make that work.
Quote: Something to note. Airframes and lines of flying are different. We may operate 17 lines of flying for 21 airframes, or 24 lines of flying with 25 airframes. The key point is actual airframes. Planes sitting as spares don't make money, but you will always need more airframes compared to lines to have mx frames and spares. Pretty sure the number for June was 17 lines and 20 frames. That was a spare per base and 1 for scheduled mx. With 23 lines and 25-26 frames block hours go up a good bit. Last I was told was 32 lines and 36 frames as the plan with hiring. Good bit of movement to make that work.
So why won't the MEC/company just say that instead of 24-25 "shells" planned through year's end. 36 is way different than 25 as far as prospects are concerned.
Endeavor Air Able To Wait Out Pilot Shortage
Quote: Endeavor Air Able To Wait Out Pilot Shortage
204 CRJ's down to 100 something, not to mention parking the Q-400's is a great way to deal with pilot shortage. Parking aircraft really helped...not bonuses. People forget so soon...
Quote: 204 CRJ's down to 100 something, not to mention parking the Q-400's is a great way to deal with pilot shortage. Parking aircraft really helped...not bonuses. People forget so soon...
Who picked up that flying or did it just go away?
Quote: Endeavor Air Able To Wait Out Pilot Shortage
Now I know why in Endeavor has a barf bag for each seat!
Quote: Who picked up that flying or did it just go away?
Quote: Who picked up that flying or did it just go away?
The 900 now goes where the 200 primarily went, and the 900 routes were mostly replaced by the 717. Delta up-sized most NWA overlapping markets, and simply stopped serving others. I looked at my logbook the other day, and there are tons of small cities in there we don't go to anymore.
Quote: Thank you, block. I appreciate the honest answer. I am in the Guard also and it's always one of my first questions when looking at a potential new employer.
Weird, don't usually see thank you Block in the same sentence with a positive tone
Quote: So why won't the MEC/company just say that instead of 24-25 "shells" planned through year's end. 36 is way different than 25 as far as prospects are concerned.
I wouldn't expect Delta to hard commit to any number on the 200 ever again. They don't have to at Endeavor anyway. Starting mid summer the 200s come back at 1 to 2 per month till we get 50, if we can staff them. That means around 30ish by the end of 2015. This was from management a month ago,which is subject to change at any time.
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  18  58  108  508  1008 
Page 8 of 2545
Go to