Allegiant Air

Subscribe
273  323  363  369  370  371  372  373  374  375  376  377  383  423  473 
Page 373 of 637
Go to
Where are you moving from? Whare are you looking to go in florida?

QUOTE=TwinFlyer;2167826]Thanks for the info. No commuting for me going to move and if not the base I want that is fine.

How do they determine bases for the class? Are they assigned or do you choose from whats available in seniority order?[/QUOTE]
Quote: Where are you moving from? Whare are you looking to go in florida?

QUOTE=TwinFlyer;2167826]Thanks for the info. No commuting for me going to move and if not the base I want that is fine.

How do they determine bases for the class? Are they assigned or do you choose from whats available in seniority order?
[/QUOTE]

Fort Lauderdale. It would be great to get this as a base. Don't have to move and I'm about a 10 minute drive from the airport. But I would be happy with any Florida or California base. My family is in California and my wife's family is in Florida.
Fort Lauderdale. It would be great to get this as a base. Don't have to move and I'm about a 10 minute drive from the airport. But I would be happy with any Florida or California base. My family is in California and my wife's family is in Florida.[/QUOTE]

That's probably a good interview answer. They know commuters may not be happy here.

LAX, OAK, and FLL are all very junior. All fly the Airbus too so you may luck out! All three of those bases went to the last 2 classes I see on the seniority list (5/16/2016 and 6/13/2016)
Quote: Thanks for the info. No commuting for me going to move and if not the base I want that is fine.

How do they determine bases for the class? Are they assigned or do you choose from whats available in seniority order?
I don't know how they decide which domiciles will be available for bidding by new hires vs bidding company wide. They come up with a list of vacancies somehow that will not be presented to pilots on the seniority list. But many people get what they want right away, some have to wait a few months.
I'm in the June 13th class and was awarded PIT initially. Now that the bid award ran this month I'm awarded FLL but it isn't effective until Feb 2017. Can anybody explain why the award and effective dates are so spaced out? I've asked several people at the training center and nobody can give me a clear answer on it. Trying to get to SFB and I'm hoping my effective date is sooner than next summer. Thanks!
Quote: I'm in the June 13th class and was awarded PIT initially. Now that the bid award ran this month I'm awarded FLL but it isn't effective until Feb 2017. Can anybody explain why the award and effective dates are so spaced out? I've asked several people at the training center and nobody can give me a clear answer on it. Trying to get to SFB and I'm hoping my effective date is sooner than next summer. Thanks!
That's a great question. One thing you can do is drop your trips in base and pick up open time in another base. I did nearly an entite month that way.
Quote: I'm in the June 13th class and was awarded PIT initially. Now that the bid award ran this month I'm awarded FLL but it isn't effective until Feb 2017. Can anybody explain why the award and effective dates are so spaced out? I've asked several people at the training center and nobody can give me a clear answer on it. Trying to get to SFB and I'm hoping my effective date is sooner than next summer. Thanks!
If there are any openings in FLL sooner, you should get it. Talk to the guy in charge about it and also keep an eye on the new hire bids. I know the new class from last week had at least one FLL.
Quote: That's a great question. One thing you can do is drop your trips in base and pick up open time in another base. I did nearly an entite month that way.

How do you drop trips under the current system? Are you referring to mil leave, PTO, trip-trade, or some other trick that I don't know about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: How do you drop trips under the current system? Are you referring to mil leave, PTO, trip-trade, or some other trick that I don't know about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trip trade email.
what did others in your class get?
273  323  363  369  370  371  372  373  374  375  376  377  383  423  473 
Page 373 of 637
Go to