Allegiant Air

Subscribe
326  376  416  422  423  424  425  426  427  428  429  430  436  476  526 
Page 426 of 637
Go to
Quote: There are 13 new-hires in the September class that started on the 19th. Where are you guys getting this rumor of more MD-80 slots?
3 no-shows!! WTH?
Quote: No way... there will be plenty more MD80 new hire classes.
Not this year
Allegiant Air
Quote: 3 no-shows!! WTH?

The class was only slated for 14 originally. All 14 showed up but they kicked one guy out yesterday for making some type of derogatory comments towards another person.
Quote: The class was only slated for 14 originally. All 14 showed up but they kicked one guy out yesterday for making some type of derogatory comments towards another person.
Good, we need fewer DB's here
Quote: Not this year
You didn't say this year... but I think there will be more new hires going to the -80 later this year.
There are a lot of FOs getting close to their 2 year seat lock on the 80. I wouldn't be surprised to see newhires backfilling those guys when they bid airbus.
Quote: There are a lot of FOs getting close to their 2 year seat lock on the 80. I wouldn't be surprised to see newhires backfilling those guys when they bid airbus.
By this time next year IWA and AVL will be completely airbus with PIE in the throws of transition, I doubt there will be much need if any for more -80 pilots. Additionally, equipment locks are being looked at my management with the possibility of dropping all locks next summer in favor of a straight seniority based system.
Quote: By this time next year IWA and AVL will be completely airbus with PIE in the throws of transition, I doubt there will be much need if any for more -80 pilots. Additionally, equipment locks are being looked at my management with the possibility of dropping all locks next summer in favor of a straight seniority based system.
You seem to think you know a lot. You're either management or completely full of something. Could be both.

There have been no announcement of plans to have any base currently staffed with MD80's to be completely Airbus by such and such a date. Their plans change constantly and anything you post will be a complete SWAG, even if you are management.
Quote: You seem to think you know a lot. You're either management or completely full of something. Could be both.

There have been no announcement of plans to have any base currently staffed with MD80's to be completely Airbus by such and such a date. Their plans change constantly and anything you post will be a complete SWAG, even if you are management.
I'm a nobody but get closer to certain people than most. You're right though, they change their mind frequently.
AVL info
Quote: LAS IWA PIE and SFB are solid bases. The rest vary in possible closures. I would say CVG PGD and FLL are very unlikely. BLI LAX PIT AVL and OAK would be the most likely.

This is all just my opinion. Current news say all are good for the foreseeable future. However the same was said for GRR two months before it closed.
Been lurking for awhile and AVL seems to be the domicile with the least information. Anyone else believe it is at risk or if it is a relatively junior base? I could care less which airframe.
326  376  416  422  423  424  425  426  427  428  429  430  436  476  526 
Page 426 of 637
Go to