Allegiant Air

Subscribe
43  443  493  533  539  540  541  542  543  544  545  546  547  553  593 
Page 543 of 637
Go to
Quote: Too many of my FO's are gettin grabby on the tiller
Why is that?
Quote: I've never had an FO grab the tiller.

My only issue with many newhires is the view that an FO's job is to monitor the Captain for mistakes rather than plan ahead and work to make his/her day easier. If something is going to be unsafe or require a report to be filled out by all means speak up... but if you are just of the opinion you would do it different then let it go.
I've had the same problem with my grabby guys, FO's need to be helpful but there's a line you don't cross. I guess they don't teach that at ATP or Expressjet.
Quote: I've had the same problem with my grabby guys, FO's need to be helpful but there's a line you don't cross. I guess they don't teach that at ATP or Expressjet.
Hey Rory, just hold down the red button of doom for 40 seconds and remind him that the priority is always left.
Rory you were like that as a FO so you will live
Quote: Hey Rory, just hold down the red button of doom for 40 seconds and remind him that the priority is always left.
The FO can hit his button and regain control even after that. Don't confuse it with Autothrust disconnect.
Quote: The FO can hit his button and regain control even after that. Don't confuse it with Autothrust disconnect.
Good thing there's an FO present during the flight to help clear up confusing concepts like this.

If AQP ever comes around, it's gonna hit some folks square in the ego.
Quote: The FO can hit his button and regain control even after that. Don't confuse it with Autothrust disconnect.
Classic
I still want to know why FO's are taking the tiller over.
Quote: I still want to know why FO's are taking the tiller over.
Apparently some captains are letting them taxi, that and the fact that andreas was spreading bad info about FCOM probably lent itself to the situation. Why do you think it's happening Tom B?
Quote: Apparently some captains are letting them taxi, that and the fact that andreas was spreading bad info about FCOM probably lent itself to the situation. Why do you think it's happening Tom B?
I naturally assumed it was warranted for some safety reason otherwise why would an FO do so.
43  443  493  533  539  540  541  542  543  544  545  546  547  553  593 
Page 543 of 637
Go to