PSA info

Subscribe
149  549  599  639  645  646  647  648  649  650  651  652  653  659 
Page 649 of 679
Go to
Response from HR
How long does it normally take for HR/recruiting to contact someone after they put in their app?
Quote: Think 25 was the number I heard.
We have 24 in our class. Sorry for the late info.
Quote: How long does it normally take for HR/recruiting to contact someone after they put in their app?
I heard back about 3 days later, but 2 of those days were Saturday and Sunday.
Base choice
I have been having a hard time deciding which base makes more sense to bid for and would appreciate any input. I live in ATL and currently have CLT as a base given the several one leg flights to CLT per day and also the option of a 3.5 hour drive if it really came down to it. CLT seems like it takes a little over a year to hold round 1 so that is my only real concern about it.

Would it make more sense to keep CLT for convenience of relatively easier commute or bid something like CVG to have a shorter reserve but tougher commute? I think there are like 4 or 5 Delta mad dogs that go to CVG but am unsure how likely it is to ride on one.
Quote: I have been having a hard time deciding which base makes more sense to bid for and would appreciate any input. I live in ATL and currently have CLT as a base given the several one leg flights to CLT per day and also the option of a 3.5 hour drive if it really came down to it. CLT seems like it takes a little over a year to hold round 1 so that is my only real concern about it.

Would it make more sense to keep CLT for convenience of relatively easier commute or bid something like CVG to have a shorter reserve but tougher commute? I think there are like 4 or 5 Delta mad dogs that go to CVG but am unsure how likely it is to ride on one.
Personally I'd go for ease of commute. CVG might have a lot of Delta guys commuting so it could be tough. You'll hold long call and buildup lines relatively quick in CLT, so its not like its going to be a solid year of nothing but short call reserve.
Quick luggage question:

I bought the Travel Pro FlightCrew5 Pilot bag, and (as long as I don't pack heavy) it fits fine in the overheads of the 7/900, but the extra external pockets (which are nice) hang-up a little bit even when not utilized, and it doesn't fit at all in the 200 overheads... Had to send it below and keep an eye on it to get it back onboard every leg in the 200, which was not ideal, especially on quicker turns.

Any advice on which bags (LuggageWorks or otherwise) fit in ALL our planes?

I really like this TravelPro bag, but, like I said, I would like one that just works with no oversight involved.
Quote: Quick luggage question:

I bought the Travel Pro FlightCrew5 Pilot bag, and (as long as I don't pack heavy) it fits fine in the overheads of the 7/900, but the extra external pockets (which are nice) hang-up a little bit even when not utilized, and it doesn't fit at all in the 200 overheads... Had to send it below and keep an eye on it to get it back onboard every leg in the 200, which was not ideal, especially on quicker turns.

I really like this TravelPro bag, but, like I said, I would like one that just works with no oversight involved.
I've used the steel luggage works bag for 4 years all commuting. It is pretty banged up, but still going strong. It fits even in the 200 bins however I don't put anything in the outside pockets. I like the strongbags, and I think I'll use that as my next bag.
Army/AF Guard or Reserve
Can somebody that is still flying for the Guard or Reserves please shoot me a PM or explain on here how the process works for your duty days. I know my drill weekends a year in advance but what about the AFTP's? Any issues with scheduling?
Quote: Can somebody that is still flying for the Guard or Reserves please shoot me a PM or explain on here how the process works for your duty days. I know my drill weekends a year in advance but what about the AFTP's? Any issues with scheduling?
We have a large number of reserve/guard pilots. It is never a problem. They just send an email to scheduling and the CPs, and they get the time off.
Quote: Quick luggage question:

I'm not sure why people mess around with bags. Just buy the LW stealth like everyone else. You'll end up spending more in the long run if you don't. I've had mine for 7 years and it still looks new.
149  549  599  639  645  646  647  648  649  650  651  652  653  659 
Page 649 of 679
Go to