Delta vs. FedEx

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 8 of 17
Go to
Quote: Google image "ups girl in shorts", all the angles you'll ever need

I like her boots.

I googled "Up Girls Shorts" and got something entirely different?

Quote: It's not every 777 crew - most of those crews have at least an FO and and RFO - it's just the Captains that are the tools.
Really? You have first hand experience? Every 777 Capt I've meet has been as great as everyone else.
Quote: I googled "Up Girls Shorts" and got something entirely different?

Were they at least wearing nice boots?
Quote: Really? You have first hand experience? Every 777 Capt I've meet has been as great as everyone else.
Well sort of - when I look at all the absolute tools on Jet Flyers they seem to almost all be 777 Captains. You also have the story of guys kicking people off jumpseats - have second hand knowledge as I talked to the jumpseater on that. Then you take a look at the amount of guys walking around that still wear 777 lanyards - not ALPA, not even their college or some other thing but 777 - haven't seen that for any other aircraft at Fedex. It's not the FOs - it's the Captains. I'm sure most are great but where we have tools, the majority of them seem to be in the 777 left seat.
Is ole Kellyboy a 777 Capt?!?
It may be similar to the "Big Airplane Syndrome" that many have. What I see a lot are the International guys that look down on domestic swine. One guy asked me why I didn't fly International, he told me " I don't think you can consider yourself a real airline pilot until you've flown International Ops". I informed him that I flew Transports in the Air Force and flew all over the world for 25 years...and it wasn't just vectors to an ILS to Cologne or Charles Degaule. He got real quiet.
Quote: Really? You have first hand experience? Every 777 Capt I've meet has been as great as everyone else.

Let the "all guys at ___ airline are arrogant asses or all guys at ___ airline on ___ airplane are tools" comments and attitudes die. I've seen forms of this my whole career and it's never true and is worthless commentary.
Quote: Well sort of - when I look at all the absolute tools on Jet Flyers they seem to almost all be 777 Captains. You also have the story of guys kicking people off jumpseats - have second hand knowledge as I talked to the jumpseater on that. Then you take a look at the amount of guys walking around that still wear 777 lanyards - not ALPA, not even their college or some other thing but 777 - haven't seen that for any other aircraft at Fedex. It's not the FOs - it's the Captains. I'm sure most are great but where we have tools, the majority of them seem to be in the 777 left seat.
If you're into divide and conquer, you're doing a great job! Is it really that critical, at this point in time, what kind of lanyard a guy wears. And could you please provide some initials of those captains that are denying jumpseats, or are you just rehashing some of the isolated cases from 5-6 years ago?

MG2
Quote: As someone with 26+ years at Fedex, and a commuter, I can assure you, you will fly lots of night, hub turns or otherwise. I'm doing domestic day stuff currently and still can't avoid beginning or end of trip night turns, if for no other reason than to position to work or get home at the end of a trip. To avoid nights is next to impossible and your schedule will be totally controlled by your focus to avoid nights. If nights are a big issue with you, Avoid any freight operation, Fedex or otherwise. Its the nature of the business.
I'm 19 years at FedEx and rarely fly hub turns. I fly almost entirely international, enjoy long layovers at really nice hotels with plenty of time to take in the sights and lots of time off. I fly both day and night but when you're flying international that is almost irrelevant. What is more important is how much time you had to get sufficient rest. 24 hour layovers sound good but can actually be worse. Pax carriers usually give 24 or less on long international legs. Depending on your circadian rhythm you may only get one opportunity to get a good sleep cycle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I wear a Hello Kitty lanyard in my defiance!!! Lanyards are pointless other than to hold your ID.
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 8 of 17
Go to