What the C-Series order means?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to
Meanwhile American is desperately trying to add 76 seaters flown by their regionals.
Quote: The 50 seaters will be replaced with 76 seaters, and the 76 seaters will be replaced by mainline jets. This means DCI will likely be around 350 aircraft, or less by 2025. It's likely that DCI is reduced to only XJT, and Skywest due to their required presence in some markets. They have the government subsidized flying, and the ATL gates.
Isnt subsidized flying rebid annually?
I think Delta is trying to be ready as they and other mainlines hire more
pilots from the regionals than the regionals can replace. Replace 2 or 3
50 seaters with C-series as regionals cant staff them, the 50's that is.
The regionals aren't going away any time soon and probably never.
All it is is codeshareing. If they can get someone else to fly to Podunk and connect on their A/C great. Keeps them from driving to the city and getting on a LCC.
Quote: Seems to look like that's their plan. At least reducing their reliance on them a lot. And what Delta does the other two soon follow. I don't think that they'll all go away though
United already did this by ordering 65 737s to replace regional routes. The future at regionals is looking darker and darker
Quote: United already did this by ordering 65 737s to replace regional routes. The future at regionals is looking darker and darker
Good, that means you'll get to the majors even faster.
FWIW, supposedly these are slated for delivery as regional ASAs are sunsetted in two years.
Quote: FWIW, supposedly these are slated for delivery as regional ASAs are sunsetted in two years.
These what, gates?
Quote: These what, gates?
Airplanes.
This announcement is awesome news for all of us. I can't see how this could negatively impact us in any way. The more regional flying that gets swallowed up by the majors, the better.
Quote: I'm guessing nobody gets your humor, and I think it's a tragedy.

www.farmersonly.com
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to