Mesa 3.0

Subscribe
220  270  310  316  317  318  319  320  321  322  323  324  330  370  420 
Page 320 of 690
Go to
Quote: Right, I realize waiting for Delta to call is the first step in becoming a regional lifer. The W2 comment was Netjets vs. legacies, Kalitta's new pay scale is pretty decent. Too bad the monthly guarantee wasn't a little higher, but what can you do? It's still an attractive operation with the new contract, and I'm glad the lifestyle suits you.

Commuting to and from work, do you have any influence on what time you leave or anything? Do you find the commute eats up two days a month, or do you still have some time at home those days?
Two days before a start of a trip, I call scheduling and they tell me the game plan and then transfer me to travel. The nice person at travel ask you what you want to do. Its a very diplomatic process that will shock most people who come from Mesa. They list choices that work, and you can also offer input like, "how about Southwest at ...". You travel into work on your last day off, and come home on your last day on. Just be mindful that you ask for a flight into work that will give you enough time to rest. Coming home is the same process as going to work.
Bidding for lines, the company really tries to work with your schedule. If you are awarded something that is not ideal, you can submit a request. They are very good about it. Again, coming from Mesa, it will shock you.
Thanks for the info. It's nice to hear the grass is greener.
No I never got JRA. I don't answer my phone, besides if I need extra hours I would go to the trade board to help out a fellow pilot instead of helping the company.
So time to have that conversation again. If you're FO at Mesa and you're on reserve in April (especially if your in IAH or DFW) you need to re-evaluate your bid. More then likely you are doing it wrong.
Quote: I actually feel much more rested here than Mesa. On any given flight with an augmented or double crew, you get to rest. Sometimes you are very tired, but I managed so far to get in six hours of sleep before show time, which helps greatly. If you can't sleep on an airplane, don't come to K4. It's very nice having a single 12 hour flight every couple of days. You get plenty of down time to explore everywhere you go usually. You know, the most senior position at AA is the international relief pilot, and starting out here, thats what you do the most. I've been to Hong Kong, Korea, Germany, Belgium, Kuwait, Bahrain, India, France, etc. Love walking around Hong Kong. The international hotels are very nice, four or five stars, breakfast included in the vast majority of them. The catering is amazing, always more food than anyone could possibly eat. Regional pilots seem to have this idea in their head that K4 is the Mesa of the cargo world. I get a laugh out of that, if only they knew how wrong they are.

Especially with that new pay ;-) best kept secret. I'll see you there soon, just got the offer
Quote: So time to have that conversation again. If you're FO at Mesa and you're on reserve in April (especially if your in IAH or DFW) you need to re-evaluate your bid. More then likely you are doing it wrong.
Hi MagPBS,
When the schedule is coming out?
Quote: No I never got JRA. I don't answer my phone, besides if I need extra hours I would go to the trade board to help out a fellow pilot instead of helping the company.
Thanks,

--------
Quote: Hi MagPBS,
When the schedule is coming out?
My guess, tomorrow.
Quote: My guess, tomorrow.
Thanks for all your latest input as well as all the emails helping guys bid.
How does next months schedules look? How short on pilots are we? Is it going to be as bad as I think?
Quote: Especially with that new pay ;-) best kept secret. I'll see you there soon, just got the offer
Congrats, welcome to club LAMA! You'll love it over here.
220  270  310  316  317  318  319  320  321  322  323  324  330  370  420 
Page 320 of 690
Go to