Mesa 3.0

Subscribe
119  519  569  609  615  616  617  618  619  620  621  622  623  629  669 
Page 619 of 690
Go to
SKW off the runway in FWA
I love how Skywest goes off the runway in FWA and no one says anything. Yet Mesa does it and everyone’s wondering about if the crew was properly trained or be fired.
Quote: I love how Skywest goes off the runway in FWA and no one says anything. Yet Mesa does it and everyone’s wondering about if the crew was properly trained or be fired.
No one has to wonder whether the Skywest crew will be fired...
Quote: No one has to wonder whether the Skywest crew will be fired...
Nice try....
Quick PSA:

Don't be afraid to get aggressive on the brakes in rain or snow, or to set it down early and firmly. Nothing wrong with that. Commonly pilots feel there is less braking action near the end of the runway (this might've been discussed earlier), when in fact reverse thrust is simply less effective at low speeds, and either at idle or stowed by 60 knots (CRJ). Therefore the braking action you get early on won't be what you get later on, so be sure to get it slowed down early. "Passenger comfort" is secondary when the weather is nasty.

Also, for those in the left seat, when pulling off the runway, make sure you're good and slow. Painfully slow even. Don't do a good job on the landing just to slide off while exiting.
Quote: I love how Skywest goes off the runway in FWA and no one says anything. Yet Mesa does it and everyone’s wondering about if the crew was properly trained or be fired.
I didn’t even hear about the SkyWest incident...
If UA does extends the 700s they need a new paint job those things are trashed.
Bonus Repayment
Howdy,

Have to give up flying for a while due to family matters. less than a year with Mesa. Has Anyone dealt with bounus repayment before. Pay with a CC? Wanna avoid all the drama and just pay what I owe. But don’t have all the cash available. (have been living of it for the last few months)

Thansk for any info.
Quote: Howdy,

Have to give up flying for a while due to family matters. less than a year with Mesa. Has Anyone dealt with bounus repayment before. Pay with a CC? Wanna avoid all the drama and just pay what I owe. But don’t have all the cash available. (have been living of it for the last few months)

Thansk for any info.
Well I would consult with a Phoenix based attorney to see if you legally have to pay it back. Assuming you do, don’t put it on a credit card and pay 22% interest every month. Maybe get a small loan and pay it back that way if you have okay credit you can probably find a loan around 5-7%
“Despite the many safety advancements that have been enacted, there are some industry stakeholders actively lobbying Congress and the FAA for a weakening of these vital rules purely for financial gain.”
- ALPA, Jan 28, 2019

I can’t imagine which “industry stakeholder” that ALPA could possibly be talking about.....

As we see with Charts+, lack of DATIS and PDC, Mesa management consistently shows they will achieve financial gain disregarding risks to the flying public.

A single total loss of aircraft where Mesa or its employees are at fault will put Mesa out of business. You would think the Mesa executive management would safeguard the shareholders’ equity more closely now that we are a public company.
This should be brought up as a question on the feb 4 results conference call.

Quote: “Despite the many safety advancements that have been enacted, there are some industry stakeholders actively lobbying Congress and the FAA for a weakening of these vital rules purely for financial gain.”
- ALPA, Jan 28, 2019

I can’t imagine which “industry stakeholder” that ALPA could possibly be talking about.....

As we see with Charts+, lack of DATIS and PDC, Mesa management consistently shows they will achieve financial gain disregarding risks to the flying public.

A single total loss of aircraft where Mesa or its employees are at fault will put Mesa out of business. You would think the Mesa executive management would safeguard the shareholders’ equity more closely now that we are a public company.
119  519  569  609  615  616  617  618  619  620  621  622  623  629  669 
Page 619 of 690
Go to