Boutique Air - Updated Info

Subscribe
14  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  34 
Page 24 of 49
Go to
Boutique PDX
Anyone on this forum based in PDX?
I’m retiring from my 121 job in June and considering working past 65.
Quote: Just accepted a class date, so stoked, anyone else starting soon? Anything in particular I should look over before day 1? I plan to get the CTS online stuff done before class starts. And for those wondering, the SIC contract is 1 year 10k, prorated after 6 months.
Curious what your flight times were if you don't mind!
Quote: Curious what your flight times were if you don't mind!
Close to 1050tt, near PIC mins
Quote: Very possible.
Expect 2-3 months minimum for a change of domicile
Quote: Close to 1050tt, near PIC mins

I’m assuming this is based on you coming in at close to Captain minimums. You should be able to upgrade within a couple months. Welcome to Boutique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Anyone on this forum based in PDX?
I’m retiring from my 121 job in June and considering working past 65.
I was PDX based, left in January though.

Stopped in the other day to say hi to some old coworkers, doesn't seem like much has changed if you wanna PM with questions. If I can't answer them right away, I can get answers from a few people who are still there.
Quote: Just accepted a class date, so stoked, anyone else starting soon? Anything in particular I should look over before day 1? I plan to get the CTS online stuff done before class starts.
Get the CTS stuff done as your top priority. Some of it is decent, some of it is worthless crap- but get it done now. There will be some poor slob who shows up at training with it unfinished. Don't let it be you.

Download and read the POH. Especially the Limitations and Systems sections. Study the limitations flashcards. The systems slideshows are also a good way to learn the plane.

Then read the Flight Standardization Manual. Especially the SOPs for the PC-12- get through the SOPs before you start flying the plane.

It's a lot to take in, but studying it now will make the next few months a lot better- especially in that you'll be doing it for real as a captain soon.

What is the training failure rate for direct entry captains?
In the February class, a DEC candidate who was completely not qualified voluntarily went home after a couple of flights. She signaled that she was probably not competent in ground school by saying she wanted to be an FO to learn the job. Her demonstrated airmanship was quite poor and her organizational skills were laughable at best.
Other than that person, I was not aware of any other failures from February through August.
Quote: Get the CTS stuff done as your top priority. Some of it is decent, some of it is worthless crap- but get it done now. There will be some poor slob who shows up at training with it unfinished. Don't let it be you.

It's a lot to take in, but studying it now will make the next few months a lot better- especially in that you'll be doing it for real as a captain soon.

Working on this.... The International OPS took me most of the day today. Hope I don't have to do that again.
14  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  34 
Page 24 of 49
Go to