Piedmont or Endeavor?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 11
Go to
I live in south Texas, so commuting will be a given. It comes down to pay, time to upgrade to captain, flow time to AA, and quality of life? Any negative or positives about each airline?
Career progression. Endeavor has none, despite what the recruiters say about the DGI. They are both RJ jobs. Have the flow in your pocket and apply at the majors you want when you're qualified.
Agree with previous, why I went with Piedmont. Endeavor only has a guaranteed "interview", not a flow like Piedmont does. and Agree that the flow is only an insurance policy in my back pocket. Upgrade time for the 145 is pretty much as soon as you get 1000 hrs which could be barely over a year.
Sent you a PM with some info.
Starting Piedmont next Monday (commuting from DFW). The flow is a great insurance plan. The premium pay is very lucrative (who knows how long it will be that high)
Quote: I live in south Texas, so commuting will be a given. It comes down to pay, time to upgrade to captain, flow time to AA, and quality of life? Any negative or positives about each airline?
College degree and hire able then endeavor otherwise AA feeder
Quote: College degree and hire able then endeavor otherwise AA feeder
and why would that make endeavor better?
Quote: College degree and hire able then endeavor otherwise AA feeder
"Hire-able" is a pretty loose term. Lots of qualified guys out there not getting any calls.
I wouldn't place any weight on a "flow" or a guaranteed interview, both are equally worthless.
Both are good companies with good contracts & good movement (today). A year ago, not so much for PDT. 6 months from now, who knows? Pay may be a little better at EDV, but not enough to warrant choosing them for pay alone.

EDV offers 100% DH & CXL pay, premium pay is 150-200% (mostly 150%).

I put zero faith in both the flow and the DGI. You'd move up much quicker with an OTS interview, no matter for whom you work. Thousands of pilots will move up to the legacy airlines in the next few years, without either program, IMHO.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 11
Go to