90.62%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 10:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by Mytime2025 View Post
MEC is meeting this week and will decide steps going forward and they have power to cancel the TA. Lets just hope they understand what this pilot group wants. Pay/retirement and work rules that enhance QOL. It's not that complicated. They need to stop the mindset of in order to get something we need to give up something. How about this mindset, te the company negotiators we either get pay that surpasses inflation and a company funded retirement or we declare an impass and we will see you on the picket line. That's the message the NC needs to send. ALPA start acting like a union and not a boys club.

The NC and the MEC shad ample time time to come to that conclusion and yet they failed spectacularly.

What’s changed?
Old 07-04-2022, 10:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by A320fumes View Post
And you absolve them of having to negotiate if we pull it down. Be clear on this, when the company’s negotiators left the table, they felt, and we’re most likely assured, that this TA would pass.
Placing yourself in the company’s shoes, you’ve negotiated in good faith and the MEC stepped in and halts the ratification process, in total violation of the protocol agreement, then the company can just walk away from the table and we look like total incompetent, and dishonest, fools. There would be no benefit to breaking protocol in bath faith.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Too late for that, no matter what the MEC does this week THIS MEC will never look like anything BUT incompetent fools.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by Halon1211 View Post
Please remember per United policy not to wish anyone a happy 4th of July today. We don’t want to offend certain people during a PA.

Swayne Martin already made the best anti 4th of July announcement today.
Is this for real?
Old 07-04-2022, 11:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2019
Default OP chucked a grenade and walked away

Stand behind your words and reply to people if you have honor.
Old 07-04-2022, 12:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: EWR 777 Captain

Originally Posted by Lewbronski View Post
I don’t know what you think my “thesis” is, but if I have one I suppose it’s that it’s usually better to file for mediation earlier rather than later with the caveat that you don’t want to file for mediation too early so as to avoid appearing to try to game the system.

. . . .

To me, that is a smart provision to have in a collective bargaining agreement because it creates an automatic start to mediation. There are very few, if any, downsides to filing for mediation and there is a major upside to doing so. Similar contractual language would’ve helped to mitigate the effects of the inept and/or corrupted MEC and NC that it appears UALPA currently has in place.

Clearly you are the master of internet diatribes, and you obviously have read some airline history and labor law books, but I'm afraid, in my opinion, you 100% did not address my point. Brings to mind the term: Dunning Kruger Effect. Air Force guys always think they're the smart one

What I meant by your "thesis" is to say it is your opinion that because UALPA did not apply for mediation they are years away from applying pressure on UAL and therefore years away from a contract. I disagree for the reasons I explained above, but I tell you what. If UAL doesn't have a signed TA within 18 months of the current TA being voted down I will donate a $100 to the charity of your choice, or conversely you can just quote this post and send me an "I told you so" if I'm wrong.
Old 07-04-2022, 12:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
I haven't heard a yes voter yet in my social group. There's hope.
The echo chamber
Old 07-04-2022, 12:32 PM
Ben Salley

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Left

Originally Posted by Gooselives View Post
The echo chamber

We do seem to be caught in a loop. Post 9/11 only passed by 54%….it would have been easier to find Bigfoot than anyone who admitted to voting yes for it.

As to the forums, reading the post without emotion, it appears that we’re 99.9% in agreement….Remember, the forums are no place for agreement. Don’t take it personal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2022, 12:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Mytime2025 View Post
I know how it works. Not a new guy. My point was you look into the eyes of the guys on the other side of the table and let them know what you expect and that your willing to go to the mat to get it no matter how long it takes. So the choice is two fold. Get a deal done and have happy pilots or drag it out thru mediation/ impass/ NMD/ cooling off/ strike and have extremely ****ed off pilots. Your choice.
I agree with you.
Old 07-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

Originally Posted by Galaxy5 View Post
Is this for real?
Dude, halon1211 works for the scummiest of 121 carriers. There is no bottom feeder below spirit. Best to just laugh at his/her posts.
Old 07-04-2022, 01:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Dude, halon1211 works for the scummiest of 121 carriers. There is no bottom feeder below spirit. Best to just laugh at his/her posts.
I found Swyane’s boyfriend