90.62%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 03:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: A320 FO

So we're paying union dues for dozens of pilots to golf and have dinner parties while we sit on a listless sinking ship. Awesome.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009

Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
So we're paying union dues for dozens of pilots to golf and have dinner parties while we sit on a listless sinking ship. Awesome.
and a magazine that I haven’t once read in 20+ years
Old 07-05-2022, 03:18 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
What about the "end of the career" crowd? They get a say on a contract they will barely live under? But I have to live under? Large potential for a conflict of interest there, obviously.Or the shoulder shrugging "whatever, I'll vote yes or no" crowd?

I am in the end of the career crowd.

There is no way I could look at myself in the mirror knowing I left this profession in a worse place than I found it.

NO! NO! NO!
Old 07-05-2022, 03:37 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2020

What about the "end of the career" crowd? They get a say on a contract they will barely live under? But I have to live under? Large potential for a conflict of interest there, obviously.Or the shoulder shrugging "whatever, I'll vote yes or no" crowd?
A lot of us FOGs (funky old guys) are of the 1990s commuter era. Speaking just for myself, I CAN be bought, but it's going to take a hell of a lot more than this POS. And IF it gets rejected, the price for disrespecting me just went up. Way up.

I've spoken to a couple IP friends, they're furious at the Gives in this POS, and if they were counting on buying off the IPs, it backfired.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:21 PM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Originally Posted by TOGA Thrust View Post
I am in the end of the career crowd.

There is no way I could look at myself in the mirror knowing I left this profession in a worse place than I found it.

NO! NO! NO!
That takes a lot of integrity and that's awesome. My point is less that your side of the seniority list shouldnt vote than it is my side of the seniority list should also.

I dont agree with the idea that HWs will vote irresponsibility or in an uninformed matter due to being new, and if that was true, that 1 yr would change that.

I also reject the idea that they can't quickly be brought up to speed on the contractual gives over the last 20 yrs, the effects of the merger on the contract and contractual philosophies, the history of our current book, and where improvements are needed.

Today, I would argue, HWs are more informed than ever..

You have HWs who haven't sat rsv yet and have actually become senior line holders;

HWs who changed to a Midwest base previously untouchable in one's first year and have been on rsv the whole time;

HWs on global rsv;

So within any given HW class there is a lot of quick experience gained and shared about what life is like under the current book in different corners of the operation. Just my 2 cents
Old 07-05-2022, 05:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

That takes a lot of integrity and that's awesome. My point is less that your side of the seniority list shouldnt vote than it is my side of the seniority list should also.

I dont agree with the idea that HWs will vote irresponsibility or in an uninformed matter due to being new, and if that was true, that 1 yr would change that.

I also reject the idea that they can't quickly be brought up to speed on the contractual gives over the last 20 yrs, the effects of the merger on the contract and contractual philosophies, the history of our current book, and where improvements are needed.

Today, I would argue, HWs are more informed than ever..

You have HWs who haven't sat rsv yet and have actually become senior line holders;

HWs who changed to a Midwest base previously untouchable in one's first year and have been on rsv the whole time;

HWs on global rsv;

So within any given HW class there is a lot of quick experience gained and shared about what life is like under the current book in different corners of the operation. Just my 2 cents

Took me 10 minutes to figure out what a HW was. 😂
Old 07-05-2022, 05:29 PM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Originally Posted by ThumbsUp View Post
Took me 10 minutes to figure out what a HW was. 😂
Lol sorry about that
Old 07-05-2022, 06:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

What you are going to see next is call the "Heisman Stiff Arm"

Your MEC officers (LC REPS) will be receiving recall resolutions from the membership for the NC Chair and the MEC Chair, and perhaps others. The response will be:

1. Why can't you wait until our next regularly scheduled LC meeting?
2. Your resolution is out of order
3. Your resolution needs more vowels. Or some such crap.
4. We only open up the agenda for inputs on XYZ date. We won't accept your resolution until the magic date.
5. We will force you to get 30% of the membership to call a special LC meeting.

The 5 above actions will result in "buying time" for the MEC and NC. About 90 days worth. Then, in 90 days, you get your item on the agenda. You vote. Then that only has the effect at the local council.
Is the LC Chair bound to bring your recall resolution, even if passed before the MEC? NO. What about other local councils? Conservatively this is a 120 to 180 day process to impart the changes you seek.

Management knows this too. They have exerts on the ALPA CBL within their ranks. Some of them have even been fired from ALPA positions, or have been forced to resign.

They will preach "patience."

What will you do?
Old 07-05-2022, 06:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: A320 FO

We wait with resolve. We've waited 4 years only to receive an insult to our well being and our livelihoods. The livilehood that enables a multi billion dollar company to achieve a reputable global transport service. A livilehood that allows 84,000 people to provide for their families. There's probably a few happy shareholders in there too. What's another 18 months?
Old 07-05-2022, 08:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012

Originally Posted by Sunvox View Post
Ah, yes a CAL detractor from the good 'ole days. You might be interested to note that recently when I made another prediction I got 2 compliments, one even public, from fellow CAL people recalling my prediction and how close I was to reality. Too bad folks like yourself had to undergo apoplectic responses when the ISL didn't turn out as you thought it should. Hope you're enjoying the incredible growth in WB flying including many old UAL routes as well as new ones.
Still beating the legacy drum BS...eh?