Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 10:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Explizer View Post
"Foul creatures"?

Stop with the personal insults, it makes you look like a 13 year-old trying to pick a fight on the school playground. Grow up. You're responsible for a $1.6b asset when you push up the power - as stated elsewhere in this illustrious forum.
Pot, meet kettle...
Old 07-07-2022, 12:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Yes voting crew on their first trip under the new TA.

On day 4 of a yes voting crew under the new TA after a 0500 day 1 show (Dragon is on Reserve), two reassignments,
extended into a day off, and the handle breaking off Nighthawk's new Tumi luggage cause it doesn't fit.

Welcome to the Prison on Planet Bu11sh1t in the Galaxy of This Sucks Camel D1ck.

Old 07-07-2022, 12:26 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 756 Left Side

Originally Posted by Mytime2025 View Post
What should be one of the most powerful unions in country I am hesitant to even call ALPA a union at all at this point.
Probably because we are not…
It’s an association. Hence then”A” in alpA.

All we can do is try and stay educated. Read the damn blastmails you get! Discuss not only this LOA TA, but things going on within our airline, our industry AND our union UALALPa.

Lets get the NO Vote out.. then, let’s do a real house cleaning. Most of us know who has to go~
Till then-
Fly Safe, Fly Professionally and Fly the Contract
always
Motch
Old 07-07-2022, 12:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by horrido27 View Post
Probably because we are not…
It’s an association. Hence then”A” in alpA.

All we can do is try and stay educated. Read the damn blastmails you get! Discuss not only this LOA TA, but things going on within our airline, our industry AND our union UALALPa.

Lets get the NO Vote out.. then, let’s do a real house cleaning. Most of us know who has to go~
Till then-
Fly Safe, Fly Professionally and Fly the Contract
always
Motch
more and more guys I’m talking to lately leaning YES. Reasons: only a couple years left; last contract they’ll see; recession; etc etc
Old 07-07-2022, 01:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: The GF of FUPM

Cowards. Marvins. Company Men. They've been here (and at most airlines) forever. When I point this out guys go berserk and call me an Alpha Hotel. This Shinola-Show has been repeated for decades at numerous airlines. Management KNOWS this and they play it to their advantage. They only need 51 percent. You take the FNGs thrilled to have made the jump, the greybeards who don't care about work rules, the YES men who hate being union members, those who don't want to lose their second or third-year Captains seat, the cowards, and all of a sudden you're REALLY close to 51 pct. Unless pilots have STRONG leadership that keeps CRAP OFF THE TABLE, management usually wins.

This TA has been no different than any of the previous ones, with the exception of being the WORST one to come down the pike in a while. They make US pay for our raises by stealing crumbs here and there. And they get PLENTY of crumbs. What did UA pilots pay for health care 15 years ago? What do they pay now? etc etc etc

Have fun guys. Vote no and hang on.

ps... remember all those unhappy pilots complaining about the TA Rumors from a few weeks ago? How those posting them were FOS and should STHU? How there was no way the union could promulgate something so lame? What say you now?
Old 07-07-2022, 01:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: A320

Originally Posted by WhisperJet View Post
more and more guys I’m talking to lately leaning YES. Reasons: only a couple years left; last contract they’ll see; recession; etc etc
Now that AA has a proposal that already exceeds our TA, how could anyone vote YES on this? It just blows
my mind!
Old 07-07-2022, 02:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by JetBlast77 View Post
Now that AA has a proposal that already exceeds our TA, how could anyone vote YES on this? It just blows
my mind!
but it does not exceed. We still end up with higher pay rates etc etc
Old 07-07-2022, 03:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by Torque View Post
Yes voting crew on their first trip under the new TA.

On day 4 of a yes voting crew under the new TA after a 0500 day 1 show (Dragon is on Reserve), two reassignments,
extended into a day off, and the handle breaking off Nighthawk's new Tumi luggage cause it doesn't fit.

Welcome to the Prison on Planet Bu11sh1t in the Galaxy of This Sucks Camel D1ck.

No voting crew and not voting crew has the same experience. We're all in this together and you're here forever.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

I am sticking with my prediction of 70/30 no with a 85% turnout. I am hoping for a stronger no but we have people that can't math good and the Marvin's.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:33 PM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2022

Originally Posted by JurgenKlopp View Post
Let’s be real, if our MEC helped fix massive company staffing error in any way you would be calling them spineless management pieces of trash.
A couple of true warriors, it must be said.

Their union isn’t there to fix management’s fck ups. Our MEC would have rolled over and allowed them to put the trips back in CCS for free. At least APA made it expensive for them:

Fort Worth-based American Airlines agreed to a deal with the Allied Pilots Association on Wednesday to give pilots bonus pay. It also promises triple pay to pilots for trips that were allowed to be dropped due to a technical error that left up to 12,000 flights without aviators.

“We did not create the present situation and have worked hard to resolve the problems that management created,” Allied Pilots Association President Ed Sicher said in a statement. “While we of course cannot and should not fix management’s problems, we will continue to offer solutions to mitigate the negative impact on our members’ lives and improve the working relationship between APA and management.”