90.62%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 09:47 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Originally Posted by oldmako
Really. This tripe is all too common amongst our ranks.
Independent Contractor. Promoted by an ALPA contract/extension/loa solving company problems one at a time.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:00 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Originally Posted by FriendlyPilot
Guess what…voting it down does even worse than keeping up with inflation. We will probably keep these payrates for 2 years at least. Then it will be harder to get a bigger raise because we are starting from a lower position.

I’m not thrilled with this at all, don’t get me wrong, but you are saying no to 15% raises and going to keep current rates. I do not believe we will magically get a ton of things fixed instantly if we vote it down. Which is fine, we can just stay on the current rates for another couple years.
And voting Yes locks in the concessionary work rules forever.

There is so much more to an airline contract than Section 3. Repeat that to everyone you know, people.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:03 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Originally Posted by Mytime2025
We need a 90/10 NO vote to shock the hell out of both ALPA and the company. Only then will we get a deal we deserve and not this BS wrapped in monkey dung.
If it’s less than 85-90% there will be zero chance of getting rid of those out of touch ALPA lifers. They’ll remain in place claiming victory while we get stuck with a 50+1 contract. Just like a donkey being carried uphill.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by bigdaddie
I love it. Apparently ALPA did not realize that the company was negotiating in Pesos.

I find it baffling that airlines can pass on a 100% fuel price increase to passengers but increased pay and QOL for pilots is ALWAYS too cost prohibited. United carried 160M pax in 2019 and the industry is rapidly approaching those levels once again. For an additional 10 bucks a ticket you could have a great contract (I’m a Delta guy). Either that or we should be able to install a tip jar on the flight deck door.
The obvious difference between pilot pay and fuel prices is that fuel affects every airline equally unless they are hedging (I believe only SWA has fuel hedged). Airline tickets are price elastic meaning that a change in price directly affects sales. Airlines are very ticket price conscious as a result.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2020
Talking

Originally Posted by WhisperJet
more and more guys I’m talking to lately leaning YES. Reasons: only a couple years left; last contract they’ll see; recession; etc etc
3.5 years left, probably will be on LTD before then. No vote already cast and locked in.

You FNGs* got a week left to determine UALs fate. Good Luck!!!

*to me, that's anyone hired post-merger.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:18 AM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2022

Originally Posted by TodKindrsChikun
If it’s less than 85-90% there will be zero chance of getting rid of those out of touch ALPA lifers. They’ll remain in place claiming victory while we get stuck with a 50+1 contract. Just like a donkey being carried uphill.
I 100% agree. This abysmal TA will set the profession back yet again and will stay that way for another 20yrs unless there is a total mindset change amongst the pilot group. All the nay sayers about how we all deserve NO retirement makes me sick. I'm emberassed to be working amongst that attitude. As I stated before it's not about me but the future of the profession. Nothing worse than a weak union coupled with a weak membership. July 15th will tell the entire industry what United pilots are made of.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LeeFXDWG
I don’t know the APA CBA. That said, 20-D-4 in ours speaks to scheduling errors post award. If corrected in a reasonable time, we really couldn’t stop them from doing so. That provision is used quite often on a much smaller scale than the AA scenario but nonetheless gives them latitude to correct their errors. Another section 20 gem…..
Apples and oranges. The point I’m trying to get across is that IF we were in the same exact situation as AA was, we would have given it back to the company for FREE. All other things being equal, our MEC would have caved and given management what they wanted.

Remember URQ2 scheduling restrictions after the 15th of the month? I’m a little fuzzy on the exact cutoff date and section of the contract, but it was in the contract that they couldn’t assign you URQ2 after a certain day of the month. MEC Training Committee Jack B sends out an email confirmation. A few days later, poof! They changed it so the company could assign you URQ2 after the cutoff! What about the contract? The section is still there, but it applies to NOTHING.

FREE. Yet we STILL have sycophants (not you LeeFX) defending this absolutely corrupt and compromised MEC.
Old 07-08-2022, 01:53 PM
Banned

Here’s what you’re getting.

Old 07-08-2022, 02:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: 777

Between the RLA and the NLRB, I'm not entirely sure that once an election has started, that it can be cancelled. It would be considered election tampering?? The NLRB takes a very dim view of that.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:21 PM
Banned

If anyone gets displaced you can lay that blame right at the feet of ALPA. A bump to 67 would allow United grow and realize Kirby's growth plan but instead we are shrinking. Not to mention here comes the work visas taking away American jobs. Great job ALPA way to promote pilot jobs.NOT