Notices

Breaking News

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 04:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: 737 CAPT

Originally Posted by A320fumes View Post
That type discussion is held in the very highest level of closed environments. I’m suspecting that whom ever told you this has an agenda.

This is incompetence and dirty politics at a very disgusting level. My advice is to take this down. You, or the person whom asked you to leak this, could find yourself in a very bad place for rehashing a confidential and closed session discussion on this board. Don’t know who told you that this was a good idea. Good luck with it. And no, I won’t be responding, or posting on this one…

We are truly in Bizarro MEC land at this time. I’ve never had less confidence

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nope, this was verified to be an open session discussion before the vote was taken with many people in the room as witnesses. So perfectly legit to talk about what I learned. I won't take down something that was free for all to observe in open session.

The incompetence and dirty politics come from one side here. The side still has yet to explain how minutes after the vote to send the TA to the membership an extremely detailed narrative ripping apart the TA item by item was posted on this website. You and everyone on here are allowing yourselves to have less confidence because certain reps at the table have planned it that way. They've planted doubt and raised expectations or started conspiracy theories about how the MEC officers, negotiators and the other reps are enemies of the United pilots. They have openly advocated for the recall of their fellow MEC members by saying THEY need OUR help to make a change and we need you to show up at your council meetings and take action against the dark forces that will try to improve our contract.

The only dark forces are the same individuals led by the same council that always plays games and politics. I will repeat what I said before: I don't care if you are for or against this contract. Each person should make their own decision. I reserved mine by reading the documents posted and listening to the Town Halls asking questions as needed to clarify language. Then I voted. But the threats against union volunteers who step up to do much of the work most of us won't even bother to do (the "I pay union dues for a magazine and that's enough" crowd) is beyond anything I have ever seen before in all my years in this industry. It disgusts me just like the state of our nation.
Old 07-16-2022, 06:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
Possibly. But if we have **** work rules, a 40% increase in pay makes it tolerable.
nope. that 40% will eventually be taken away by inflation and then you'll still be stuck with **** work rules. Good work rules on the other hand, act as a multiplier towards pay rates if used properly.
Old 07-16-2022, 07:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by EWRflyr View Post
Nope, this was verified to be an open session discussion before the vote was taken with many people in the room as witnesses. So perfectly legit to talk about what I learned. I won't take down something that was free for all to observe in open session.

The incompetence and dirty politics come from one side here. The side still has yet to explain how minutes after the vote to send the TA to the membership an extremely detailed narrative ripping apart the TA item by item was posted on this website. You and everyone on here are allowing yourselves to have less confidence because certain reps at the table have planned it that way. They've planted doubt and raised expectations or started conspiracy theories about how the MEC officers, negotiators and the other reps are enemies of the United pilots. They have openly advocated for the recall of their fellow MEC members by saying THEY need OUR help to make a change and we need you to show up at your council meetings and take action against the dark forces that will try to improve our contract.

The only dark forces are the same individuals led by the same council that always plays games and politics. I will repeat what I said before: I don't care if you are for or against this contract. Each person should make their own decision. I reserved mine by reading the documents posted and listening to the Town Halls asking questions as needed to clarify language. Then I voted. But the threats against union volunteers who step up to do much of the work most of us won't even bother to do (the "I pay union dues for a magazine and that's enough" crowd) is beyond anything I have ever seen before in all my years in this industry. It disgusts me just like the state of our nation.
You are as out of touch as the negotiating committee. After 4 years they come up with what is nothing but a concessionary contract in times of the most leverage we have ever had. They told us this is the best "they" could do. AA saved their a$$ from total destruction. Since they stated , best they can do, time to go. Plain and simple.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:06 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2020

And ORD and DCA voting to recall negotiators is deflection and passing the buck for their own role in crafting the TA. Don't let them off the hook so easily. They are not pure and innocent. Recall C11 and C23 reps. Cowardice.
What a joke. The ilk of your type brought us this agreement, voted to send it to the pilot group, doubled down on it when it was obviously unpopular, decided to pull the plug when your cushy FTFPL 94.5 careers were in jeopardy, and finally voted to keep the July 15 results hidden. So GMAFB if I don’t buy into your behind the scenes Steak and Cake arguments for self preservation.

I’m still convinced you’re a grifter hiding on the NASC, Johnson, or now possibly Belton. You guys should be concerned that you might actually have to fly the line for a living.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: The GF of FUPM

This place could use Anne as the MC. Or someone like her.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Sorry, but you are just wrong and the uprising in SA and comm between MIGS after this AIP/TA was released has been overwhelming.

I don't know how close you are to the "dirty politics" you so adamantly profess, but you are just wrong.

If it weren't for this "side" we might have ratified this POS right now. It's only for these 4 "minority" reps that we probably aren't in the middle of talking about getting rid of ALPA.

Hell, the dang NC was still selling this hot garbage as Scott Kirby admitted the TA was flawed. This is unprecedented sell out by our LECs/NC.

Why do I say "selling?" Because the reps did not cover the good, bad, and ugly in this TA on their presentation. They tried to highlight the good and overlook the other stuff. It wasn't until the questions about the bad came up in the zoom meetings did we get responses from the NC about "we think that", or "we are confident that..."

Nope, sorry, we aren't going to test a new scheme on how to reinvent reserve without a guarantee. The company wanted to get PuPs to guarantee TK staffing, which is a scope give and flawed based on history. We are going to give away 4000lbs weight on the company professed "scope killer" CRJ-550? ****?

You are out of touch if you think this is dirty politics. This isn't dirty, this is the actual vast majority opinion right now. It's the reps that voted yes on this that have been way too comfy in their union jobs. Why haven't we spun up a real SPSC under this contract? The current leadership doesn't think we need it? While DL/AA/SWA are info picketing against their respective management for a good contract,
our union reps are out at Charlie Palmer's laughing their asses off and clinking glasses with our management, while actively trying to pass a concessionary TA.

Look in the mirror bro? You are the problem.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009

My experience from UAL ALPA since new hire indoc and captain Charm school has been the land of misfit toys. They hang out together feeling like the cool kids for the first time in their lives. Only problem is the anonymous tools on here like Aletta and Mytime are just as bad. Mountains of useless hyperbole because they are to 🐓💩to actually put their real name on any of these forums. Complain about “Yes” letter being unsigned but posting on The new Facebook page with fake names. Those of us in the middle request action and accomplishments, not cut and past a
f-ing eagle on an American flag and call it good. Just like national politics. The 10% on both ends rambling and finger pointing whilst not getting $ht done.
Old 07-17-2022, 10:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2022

Originally Posted by nfo99 View Post
My experience from UAL ALPA since new hire indoc and captain Charm school has been the land of misfit toys. They hang out together feeling like the cool kids for the first time in their lives. Only problem is the anonymous tools on here like Aletta and Mytime are just as bad. Mountains of useless hyperbole because they are to 🐓💩to actually put their real name on any of these forums. Complain about “Yes” letter being unsigned but posting on The new Facebook page with fake names. Those of us in the middle request action and accomplishments, not cut and past a
f-ing eagle on an American flag and call it good. Just like national politics. The 10% on both ends rambling and finger pointing whilst not getting $ht done.
I agree wholeheartedly with most of this (especially the fact that many of the no voters are finally seeming to wake up to the fact that a lot of the anonymous brand new profiles are here with an agenda, not simply to have a enlightening discussion), Although I think I hold the members of the negotiating committee and MEC in higher esteem than most on this board, it has become clear that their relationship with management is a little too friendly.

I think the negotiating committee are very smart individuals and understand the ins and outs of the contract very well, but I think this TA needs to make management a little uncomfortable as far as what they’re gonna have to give us to get what they want in return. It does not seem the NC has anywhere near the cajones to do this.

I really enjoy that we do not have an adversarial relationship with our management right now. I think a lot of people I forgotten what that feels like, and how much blood pressure and life can get sucked out of you when you come to work with that mindset. That said, what we are asking for more is to play a bit of catch-up on the lost decade. It’s not personal, it’s business. If/when they are on the other end of it, the company will not worry about our feelings when they need to trim cost aggressively
Old 07-17-2022, 11:10 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Originally Posted by Chowdah View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with most of this (especially the fact that many of the no voters are finally seeming to wake up to the fact that a lot of the anonymous brand new profiles are here with an agenda, not simply to have a enlightening discussion), Although I think I hold the members of the negotiating committee and MEC in higher esteem than most on this board, it has become clear that their relationship with management is a little too friendly.

I think the negotiating committee are very smart individuals and understand the ins and outs of the contract very well, but I think this TA needs to make management a little uncomfortable as far as what they’re gonna have to give us to get what they want in return. It does not seem the NC has anywhere near the cajones to do this.

I really enjoy that we do not have an adversarial relationship with our management right now. I think a lot of people I forgotten what that feels like, and how much blood pressure and life can get sucked out of you when you come to work with that mindset. That said, what we are asking for more is to play a bit of catch-up on the lost decade. It’s not personal, it’s business. If/when they are on the other end of it, the company will not worry about our feelings when they need to trim cost aggressively
Just because someone smiles and says nice things means we’re living under a non adversarial relationship. Smiles and heartfelt comments are FREE. Simply put, it’s time for the first comprehensive contract in almost 10 years with improvements across the board.

Last edited by TodKindrsChikun; 07-17-2022 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-17-2022, 11:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: 737 CAPT

Originally Posted by TodKindrsChikun View Post
What a joke. The ilk of your type brought us this agreement, voted to send it to the pilot group, doubled down on it when it was obviously unpopular, decided to pull the plug when your cushy FTFPL 94.5 careers were in jeopardy, and finally voted to keep the July 15 results hidden. So GMAFB if I don’t buy into your behind the scenes Steak and Cake arguments for self preservation.

I’m still convinced you’re a grifter hiding on the NASC, Johnson, or now possibly Belton. You guys should be concerned that you might actually have to fly the line for a living.
The ilk of my type? I had nothing (read that again NOTHING) to do with this TA. I learned about it just like you on the day the MEC sent it out to the pilot group. I'm a line flying pilot with five trips in May, four trips this month and four trips next month and 89:30-90:00 of flying/DH credit each month and 11-13 days off so sorry to burst your bubble. I'm a NO voter on the contract but for one particular reason.

AFAIK, Johnson is a local council rep. Local reps are not on FTFPL and are line flying pilots just like the rest of us.

Couldn't tell you about Belton or this Steak and Cake thing you mention. I'll assume that's a restaurant name in Chicago but Google did not turn it up when I searched for it. I'm not a red meat eater anyway.