Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: 737 CAPT
Default Breaking News

https://twitter.com/unitedpilots/sta...VAc3uqfN3NdjBg
Old 07-13-2022, 02:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Guppy CA

Just received the email. What in the actual hell is going on in Rosemont?!?!
Old 07-13-2022, 02:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

United Pilots,

Over the past two weeks, we have listened closely to your input and assessment of the Tentative Agreement (TA). This valuable feedback was heard loud and clear by your ALPA representatives. Based on that feedback, I had direct conversations with senior leadership at United and expressed your concerns on the areas of the TA that fell short of your expectations.

Management has agreed to re-engage in discussions to remove objectionable items and work with us to reach a new, improved agreement. Based on this commitment, the United MEC voted today to delay the closing of the UPA 2022 TA ballot for up to three months to allow further negotiations. If an improved agreement is reached in this timeframe, a new membership ratification ballot will replace the original TA.

Your input is vital to determine how we will improve the TA. Before resuming negotiations, we will conduct a pilot survey to establish which items must be addressed. In conjunction with the survey, we will commission an independent telephone poll to validate the findings and ensure a representative cross-section of pilots is heard.

We will take the necessary time to review the survey results and industry earnings reports before returning to the table. The bargaining environment shifts rapidly, and we will use this opportunity to address your concerns. If we are unable to achieve improvements to the TA that meet your needs, the MEC will set a new date to close the membership ratification ballot for the current TA.

The strength of our union comes from the dedication of ALPA members and volunteers. The United pilots’ constructive engagement and commitment to improving our contract during this membership ratification process proves we achieve more when we work together. Thank you for your outstanding efforts these past few weeks in guiding the MEC to take this action, and for your continued professionalism every day on the line.

In Unity,
MEC Chair
Capt. Mike Hamilton
Old 07-13-2022, 02:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Didn’t see that coming. Company must really want a deal now to interrupt a vote. I view this as a good development tbh. Fix the ugly so we don’t have to go through the long nasty stuff.
Old 07-13-2022, 02:18 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Pilot ;)

THE SYSTEM WORKS!
Cannot wait to express my 2 cents in the polling!!!
Old 07-13-2022, 02:19 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Wow, must have been a hell of a no vote for them to pull the vote.

EDIT: Townhall still live and going as if the deal is still on, still answering questions about the dead TA.

What a disconnect.

Last edited by unstabilized; 07-13-2022 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-13-2022, 02:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Are they allowed to "peak" at the results before it closes?

Wouldn't it have been a better strategy to let the vote fail in two days?
Old 07-13-2022, 02:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Guppy CA

I have mixed feelings on this. Part of me is happy this garbage is being pulled, but at the same time, I wish we would have let the vote play out to what would have presumably been a resounding no.

To me, this reeks of self-preservation. The MEC/NC doesn't have to preside over a no vote and gets to keep their jobs for at least a few more months and can claim victory if the resulting improved (hopefully) TA passes.

Again, I'm happy we don't have to risk the current POS passing, but also I don't care for all the politics at play here. It never should have gotten to this point.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-13-2022, 02:29 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: iah 73 fo

I'm betting they got insider info knowing it would fail by 85+ percent so they didn't want that to show that. I'm not sure how this works, but fellas and ladies, please have every MEC rep that voted yes, preaching to us how this is the best contract since sliced bread, RECALLED. Only ones that voted no could see through this, be brave enough to vote against the grain and deserve to represent us.
Old 07-13-2022, 02:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011

Sounds like you guys need to clean house with a bunch of recalls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk