View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 05:47 AM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by 121noob View Post
I do the exact same job as NetJets at the moment and have for a while now. I would like to move into 121 but no one is hiring.
Alrighty then. Let's begin:

Five months ago you referred to yourself as

DL Hiring: New Process
Do you think they'll hire a wet ATP with some jet time at 1500 hours?
DL Hiring: New Process
I'm non military. I have no 121 experience. About 400 hours in a jet and about 250 in a twin turboprop. I still have a shot at Delta?
We can't forget this gem, which clearly illustrates your current position is nearly identical to NetJets:

Interview Etiquette
If I shave then my current employer will know I am looking for another job. Can I keep my facial hair and simply explain that in the interview and emphasize I am willing to shave on day 1 of the job?
You keep saying what you won't do and what you won't accept, and frequently reiterating that you want to skip to the front of the line and go direct to Delta. You keep telling us what you won't accept. How about you tell us what you will accept (other than going straigh to Delta, because let's face it: you're not qualified).

Hiring 2024?

I can't be gone from home weeks at a time like Atlas requires, and I can't live on a substandard $47,000 in the first year at Allegiant. Otherwise Allegiant would be one of my top choices.
Not willing to shave, to interview for that job you want. Not willing to take a pay cut. Not willing to sacrifice. Minimally qualified. But doing the same job as NetJets, working for an employer who will fire you, if you shave? Mysterious and clealry overqualified. You said you'd go to flexjet if you had to, but really want to go straight to Delta. Entitlement, much?

Interview Etiquette
My employer cannot compete financially with the airlines. Once I shave they will know I'm interviewing elsewhere; they aren't stupid.
Yep, nearly a dead-ringer for NetJets. Almost indistinguishable, one might surmise.

You say you aren't "entitled," but you do come across as feeling entitled to skip to the front of the line.

Envoy questions
No entitlement. But youre saying they would rather hire someone who spent 1500 hours circling the pattern instead of someone with hundreds of hours of real world jet and turboprop experience?
So, it's Delta, or bust, then? Delta, or nothing at all?

Envoy questions
F9 - not hiring 1500 hr FOs
Atlas - can't be gone from home that much
Breeze - horrible financials
Allegiant - can't live on $47k the first year
Look out Sully: here comes a 1,500 hour 135 pilot who paid for his own ATP written. If that's not overqualified and entitleld to go straight to Delta, then what is?

Envoy questions
Yes I paid for my own CPT course and took the ATP written on my own and I'm well over 1500 flight hours now. I have two type ratings a twin turboprop and a jet and do all 135 flying.

You're telling me that jet time is equal to a CFI who has only flown pistons around the pattern? Because that makes zero sense.
You may be low-time, but you have a good attitude, and you did pay for your own ATP written. That just cries out future Delta pilot. Painfully so.

Envoy questions
First, I don't have an attitude that you seem to be inferring. Second, you can kiss my ass. Third, my assumption is that you're a giant condescending and arrogant prick. :-)
Generally, the pet that bites the hand that feeds it gets sent to the animal shelter. That seldom ends well. Fortunately, you're very humble, and that coiunts for a lot.

Envoy questions
No attitude, I'm actually quite humble. But I also no longer put up with condescending derogatory bull$hit from others. Advice or constructive critism? Sure. Pointers, tips, etc? Yeah. Talking down and inferring an attitude that doesn't exist? No, you can go shove it.
It's hard being so overqualified that one can't get hired. Existing at that level of awesomeness in a splintery cross to bear, to be sure. Of course, employers don't just hire employees based on the number of hours they've pencilled in their logbook. Employers look a little deeper than that.

Envoy questions
It makes zero sense that a 1500 CFI is equal to a 1500 hour COM pilot with 2 types, hundreds of turbine hours, and their ATP-CPT finished and their ATP written complete (and no I don't just swing gear, I have PIC turbine time too). Maybe it's an overqual situation, where they are scared I might fly the coop at first chance. That would make some sense.
So, once again, we must ask, what can you do?

Part 121 hiring status in 2024?
I have already spent thousands of dollars to get my ATPCPT and to rent a plane to fly in circles because the day job isnt getting me many hours. I can't go broke to get a job.
So, not exactly like NetJets?

Who is hiring 1500hr street FO's?
I'm not 20, I actually have a house and financial responsibilities. So no, $63k a year isn't doable. Also I work at a 135 right now making more than that, but with no chance of upgrading. It's not where I want to be so I'm trying to move up to a 121 operator.
NetJets, being a nearly identical job, would be a lateral move, wouldn't it?