Notices

Alaska Air Hiring

Old 06-07-2017, 08:30 AM
  #2361  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Posts: 934
Default

PNWFlyer is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 08:40 AM
  #2362  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 93
Default

Originally Posted by MountainWaves View Post
Schedule permitting I'll be there.
...unless Southwest calls first.
MountainWaves is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 05:43 PM
  #2363  
Gets Weekends Off
 
runsky42's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Upright
Posts: 120
Default

What can a first year FO realalisticily expext to make?
runsky42 is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 07:01 PM
  #2364  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ForeverJunior's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: 737 CA
Posts: 343
Default

Originally Posted by runsky42 View Post
What can a first year FO realalisticily expext to make?
Current first year FO rate is $57.30 per hour. Short-call reserve guarantee is 79 hours per month and long-call is 75. Montly guarantee for a line holder is 75.

Assuming you sit short-call reserve and scheduling doesn't rake you over the coals every month, you are looking at $54,320 for the year.

Everything else (long-call reserve and lines) vary, of course.

Needless to say, the entire pay scale needs to be brought up to industry-leading levels. The FO pay here for the first 5 years is especially pathetic.

First year Horizon FOs are making more (with their bonus included) than ALK FOs.
ForeverJunior is offline  
Old 06-08-2017, 05:49 AM
  #2365  
Gets Weekends Off
 
runsky42's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Upright
Posts: 120
Default

Originally Posted by ForeverJunior View Post
Current first year FO rate is $57.30 per hour. Short-call reserve guarantee is 79 hours per month and long-call is 75. Montly guarantee for a line holder is 75.

Assuming you sit short-call reserve and scheduling doesn't rake you over the coals every month, you are looking at $54,320 for the year.

Everything else (long-call reserve and lines) vary, of course.

Needless to say, the entire pay scale needs to be brought up to industry-leading levels. The FO pay here for the first 5 years is especially pathetic.

First year Horizon FOs are making more (with their bonus included)
than ALK FOs.
Thanks, I was hoping there might be some hidden bonuses or other ways to make some extra that you don't see on the pay scale.
runsky42 is offline  
Old 06-08-2017, 06:51 AM
  #2366  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Posts: 237
Default

Originally Posted by ForeverJunior View Post
Current first year FO rate is $57.30 per hour. Short-call reserve guarantee is 79 hours per month and long-call is 75. Montly guarantee for a line holder is 75.

Assuming you sit short-call reserve and scheduling doesn't rake you over the coals every month, you are looking at $54,320 for the year.

Everything else (long-call reserve and lines) vary, of course.

Needless to say, the entire pay scale needs to be brought up to industry-leading levels. The FO pay here for the first 5 years is especially pathetic.

First year Horizon FOs are making more (with their bonus included) than ALK FOs.
This is insane!!
Work2much is offline  
Old 06-08-2017, 07:05 AM
  #2367  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Posts: 237
Default

Originally Posted by runsky42 View Post
Thanks, I was hoping there might be some hidden bonuses or other ways to make some extra that you don't see on the pay scale.
Maybe profit sharing or other bonuses?
Work2much is offline  
Old 06-08-2017, 09:44 AM
  #2368  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2013
Posts: 127
Default

Originally Posted by Work2much View Post
Maybe profit sharing or other bonuses?
Annual bonus has been about 7ish percent of base pay a year.

When you are a line holder you can w*hore yourself with no problem and get 90 hours.

If you are a commuter (or if you are just crazy) you can pick up trips from other pilots out of base to ease your commuting pain and fly up to the FAA max.

If you are on reserve you can pick up trips on your days off that go above gurantee.

Lastly, In the last contract we negotiated the priviledge of picking up open time on vacation days (<--- goooo ALPA!). Knock yourself out.
AltoCumulus is offline  
Old 06-08-2017, 05:23 PM
  #2369  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Narrow/Left Wide/Right
Posts: 3,655
Default

Originally Posted by AltoCumulus View Post
Lastly, In the last contract we negotiated the priviledge of picking up open time on vacation days (<--- goooo ALPA!). Knock yourself out.
I'm far from a defender of ALPA's true issues, but to blame the ability to fly during vacation on ALPA seems a bit disingenuous.

That seems more like a concession as most ALPA carriers do not allow that as a matter of fact in the contract, lord knows Delta mgmt would love to have the pilots either 1. Fly on vacation or even 2. Sell vacation back. That's one concession too far though for DALPA to have accepted even during BK contract.
full of luv is offline  
Old 06-08-2017, 05:57 PM
  #2370  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2013
Posts: 127
Default

Originally Posted by full of luv View Post
I'm far from a defender of ALPA's true issues, but to blame the ability to fly during vacation on ALPA seems a bit disingenuous.

That seems more like a concession as most ALPA carriers do not allow that as a matter of fact in the contract, lord knows Delta mgmt would love to have the pilots either 1. Fly on vacation or even 2. Sell vacation back. That's one concession too far though for DALPA to have accepted even during BK contract.
Not sure what was said at the negotiating table but it was definetly presented as a benefit during the road shows. Nothing like having scheduling options.

ALPA also fought to have a Base Chief in PDX. This is not DALPA.
AltoCumulus is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Hangar Talk
1
05-03-2011 06:44 PM
joel payne
Foreign
4
04-23-2009 02:38 PM
vagabond
Major
31
04-15-2009 09:51 AM
vagabond
Aviation Law
10
09-20-2008 01:50 PM
vagabond
Major
19
06-15-2007 07:29 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices