Notices

Alaska Air Hiring

Old 07-28-2021, 04:40 PM
  #4991  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 148
Default

I want to a say a “your application is being reviewed by the recruiting team email” went out today. Is that what you all are referring too?
sn00p is offline  
Old 07-28-2021, 05:11 PM
  #4992  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Posts: 191
Default

Originally Posted by sn00p View Post
I want to a say a “your application is being reviewed by the recruiting team email” went out today. Is that what you all are referring too?
Yea, thats the one I got.
BurnerAccount69 is offline  
Old 07-28-2021, 08:53 PM
  #4993  
Line Holder
 
Jet J's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: My couch
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by BurnerAccount69 View Post
Yea, thats the one I got.

i got same one today. I think everyone did.
Jet J is offline  
Old 07-29-2021, 07:21 AM
  #4994  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by sn00p View Post
I want to a say a “your application is being reviewed by the recruiting team email” went out today. Is that what you all are referring too?
The “application is being reviewed by the recruiting team” went out before my question got approved by the mods. I was talking about the previous “application getting attention” email.

Either way, good news that we are getting some information.
correcting11 is offline  
Old 07-29-2021, 06:44 PM
  #4995  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Posts: 28
Default

Peeps, chill out, you've got the job (as long as you can string a coherent sentence together in response to the most basic of questions like answering to your name and don't drool). The recruiters are so desperate right now, they are taking people without degrees which is really ****ing off some of the mechanics as that was what was holding back those ones that thought they could one day become an Alaska pilot if only they had a degree 10 years ago.
Seriously, they're super angry about it so don't ever bring it up after you are hired.
Anyway recruitment is so swamped right now what with all the new hire attrition (after they just finish training they leave) plus there are very limited training slots or sim time because the training footprint is ten weeks before you go to OE.
Benito is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 07:35 AM
  #4996  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 30,312
Default

Originally Posted by Benito View Post
Peeps, chill out, you've got the job (as long as you can string a coherent sentence together in response to the most basic of questions like answering to your name and don't drool). The recruiters are so desperate right now, they are taking people without degrees which is really ****ing off some of the mechanics as that was what was holding back those ones that thought they could one day become an Alaska pilot if only they had a degree 10 years ago.
Seriously, they're super angry about it so don't ever bring it up after you are hired.
What, were mechanics expecting to get a major airline job with 1500 piston GA hours and a degree?
rickair7777 is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 08:27 PM
  #4997  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
What, were mechanics expecting to get a major airline job with 1500 piston GA hours and a degree?
The bitter and angry one I encountered did but he gave up as he did not have a degree. He later heard that possibly some Virgin pilots didn't have degrees and now feels cheated. I made him feel better though by telling him I thought AS had a chief pilot that got hired without a degree.
Next time I see him I'll tell him to try applying now as I don't think they'll even worry about 1500 hours with all the pilot staffing cancelations.
Benito is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 11:16 PM
  #4998  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,153
Default

Originally Posted by Benito View Post
The bitter and angry one I encountered did but he gave up as he did not have a degree. He later heard that possibly some Virgin pilots didn't have degrees and now feels cheated. I made him feel better though by telling him I thought AS had a chief pilot that got hired without a degree.
Next time I see him I'll tell him to try applying now as I don't think they'll even worry about 1500 hours with all the pilot staffing cancelations.
Alaska will fill classes just fine, just like always.
ImperialxRat is offline  
Old 07-31-2021, 09:37 AM
  #4999  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 685
Default

Originally Posted by ImperialxRat View Post
Alaska will fill classes just fine, just like always.

Quoted for truth.

I’d look at the posts here saying no one is going to work here not as reality but someone very upset about how they are being treated professionally.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NewGuy01 is offline  
Old 08-01-2021, 11:53 AM
  #5000  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jul 2019
Posts: 23
Default

Would someone be kind enough to say how long it is taking to hold PDX as a new hire? Thanks.
Tini is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Hangar Talk
1
05-03-2011 05:44 PM
joel payne
Foreign
4
04-23-2009 01:38 PM
vagabond
Major
31
04-15-2009 08:51 AM
vagabond
Aviation Law
10
09-20-2008 12:50 PM
vagabond
Major
19
06-15-2007 06:29 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread