Notices

Alaska Air Hiring

Old 01-30-2020, 08:58 PM
  #4491  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2019
Posts: 791
Default

Originally Posted by NotTellin View Post
Brad and Ben made that same mistake during the merger negotiations. They dragged their feet and got burned by the higher cost of crews because of Americans pilot raise “just because” and B6 and others.
Not actually true....We lost on each item of arbitration....Our pay rates are exactly what they planned on paying. Dragging their feet worked just fine for them....The feedback they are getting is telling them that their approach is working just fine....We continue to be remarkable everyday....Extensions-sure, premium on days off-sure, FAR max instead of contract max-sure. We are doing everything we can to elevate the guest experience....No need to let the contract get in the way of that. Attrition, sick leave and employee surveys are not metrics used by leadership. “Meat in the seat” and flights on time...
9mikemike is offline  
Old 02-01-2020, 01:09 PM
  #4492  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by 9mikemike View Post
Not actually true....We lost on each item of arbitration....Our pay rates are exactly what they planned on paying. Dragging their feet worked just fine for them....The feedback they are getting is telling them that their approach is working just fine....We continue to be remarkable everyday....Extensions-sure, premium on days off-sure, FAR max instead of contract max-sure. We are doing everything we can to elevate the guest experience....No need to let the contract get in the way of that. Attrition, sick leave and employee surveys are not metrics used by leadership. “Meat in the seat” and flights on time...

Unknowable. Brad and Ben’s offer at arbitration was when AMR already got their substantial raises so it’s certainly possible that their stance was adjusted when the market shifted.
Pedantillious is offline  
Old 02-01-2020, 09:15 PM
  #4493  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2019
Posts: 791
Default

Originally Posted by Pedantillious View Post
Unknowable. Brad and Ben’s offer at arbitration was when AMR already got their substantial raises so it’s certainly possible that their stance was adjusted when the market shifted.
We have lived all my 20 years in the same place below the “Major” airlines....Easy math problem. Many came with in a percent on the estimates. Months before any raise at American or any offer from Brad.
9mikemike is offline  
Old 02-07-2020, 07:23 PM
  #4494  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 7
Default

Originally Posted by Jet J View Post
Heard anywhere from 200 all the way up to 600 planned to be hired this year.
anyone know what the actual plan is for 2020?
I heard from a recruiter today at NGPA the 2020 hiring plan was 400. I hope I’m one of them 🤠
Pilotlife is offline  
Old 02-07-2020, 08:34 PM
  #4495  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: Captain B-737
Posts: 290
Default

Originally Posted by Pilotlife View Post
I heard from a recruiter today at NGPA the 2020 hiring plan was 400. I hope I’m one of them 🤠
I hope that’s true...hard to imagine though with no MAX. Good luck.
EskimoJoe is offline  
Old 02-07-2020, 09:19 PM
  #4496  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,803
Default

Originally Posted by Pilotlife View Post
I heard from a recruiter today at NGPA the 2020 hiring plan was 400. I hope I’m one of them 🤠
At most it’ll be half that. The recruiter was parroting the Air Group talking point - 400 split between Alaska and Horizon.
ExperimentalAB is offline  
Old 02-08-2020, 06:30 AM
  #4497  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Narrow/Left Wide/Right
Posts: 3,655
Default

Originally Posted by ExperimentalAB View Post
At most it’ll be half that. The recruiter was parroting the Air Group talking point - 400 split between Alaska and Horizon.
you mean like years ago when I submitted an ALK app and was promptly contacted by some outfit calling themselves “smart recruiters” asking if I’d be willing to interview for a position at Horizon.... “part of the air group” they said....
full of luv is offline  
Old 02-08-2020, 07:10 AM
  #4498  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 936
Default

Originally Posted by Pilotlife View Post
I heard from a recruiter today at NGPA the 2020 hiring plan was 400. I hope I’m one of them


If I were a young pilot today I’d be tracking what management said to me vs what actually happens.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NewGuy01 is offline  
Old 02-08-2020, 07:43 AM
  #4499  
Line Holder
 
fifidriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: Line bidding sucks!
Posts: 96
Default

Originally Posted by Pilotlife View Post
I heard from a recruiter today at NGPA the 2020 hiring plan was 400. I hope I’m one of them 🤠
400 pilots 🤣 That number probably includes the FAs as well! When I interviewed 3 years ago Hornibrook told us during lunch that we will be around 5000 pilots 5 years from now, meaning 2022. Good luck with that!
fifidriver is offline  
Old 02-08-2020, 08:09 AM
  #4500  
Respek
 
Cruz5350's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,603
Default

Originally Posted by full of luv View Post
you mean like years ago when I submitted an ALK app and was promptly contacted by some outfit calling themselves “smart recruiters” asking if I’d be willing to interview for a position at Horizon.... “part of the air group” they said....
I remember that lol, I had already left Horizon on top of it too!
Cruz5350 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Hangar Talk
1
05-03-2011 05:44 PM
joel payne
Foreign
4
04-23-2009 01:38 PM
vagabond
Major
31
04-15-2009 08:51 AM
vagabond
Aviation Law
10
09-20-2008 12:50 PM
vagabond
Major
19
06-15-2007 06:29 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices