Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 06-05-2023, 08:36 AM
  #20011  
Gets Everyday Off
 
TransWorld's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed
Posts: 6,552
Default

Originally Posted by 3pointlanding View Post
I lived and flew in Japan for 14 years and get ready for a culture shock and I mean that in a good way. The Japanese leave nothing for chance and leave nothing to chance and go out of their way to make things perfect. It is in their DNA. When our contract ended the wife and I hated to leave. One tip, stay away from Negishi and the Gaijin living areas. Enjoy the culture, get a copy of the Hiragana and Katakana alphabet, there are 42 on each and easy to learn. Note, there are 3 alphabets and Kanji really hard to learn, if not impossible. Learning some language would be a big help, Even a little will go a long way with the Japanese. We lived in Zushi and at first, the only Gaijns in the town. Best move we ever made. Enjoy, you will not regret it.
I wonder if anyone has had experience with the hand held voice translation device. A few words in any language is good to know. More detailed statements and questions would be good for this.
TransWorld is offline  
Old 06-05-2023, 01:26 PM
  #20012  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Clue32's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO
Posts: 736
Default

Originally Posted by Soyargento View Post
Hi everyone, Im a CA at a regional in the US , currently .
I will soon need to commute from South America , and my current schedule wont allow that .
Looking into the 74s 17/13 schedule , is this type of commute realistic ?

Also, I know the upgrade on the 73 is faster than the rest of the fleet , hows the 73 schedule ? How many legs do you guys do per day, either on the 74 or 73?

Thanks so much for the info .
74 ot 77 would help with the commute, especially once you can hold MIA. Those fleets have more 17 day blocks. Depending on where in SA you move to, you probably will have the ability to JS on one of our jets.

73 or 76 schedule is one or two legs a day. High probability of 2 or 3 blocks in a 30 day period, complicating your commute.

Look up GTI or 5Y flights on FlightRadar24 to get an idea of the routes, especially those in SA.

Wide body FO will likely pay about as much or more than a bottom of the list 73 CA.
Clue32 is offline  
Old 06-05-2023, 09:04 PM
  #20013  
In a land of unicorns
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO
Posts: 6,265
Default

Originally Posted by Soyargento View Post
Hi everyone, Im a CA at a regional in the US , currently .
I will soon need to commute from South America , and my current schedule wont allow that .
Looking into the 74s 17/13 schedule , is this type of commute realistic ?

Also, I know the upgrade on the 73 is faster than the rest of the fleet , hows the 73 schedule ? How many legs do you guys do per day, either on the 74 or 73?

Thanks so much for the info .
Where in South America is the big question here. For example, Atlas is likely the best job in the whole world for someone who lives in Bogota.
We have quite a few who live in South America and make the commute work.

Skip the 737, it doesn't work for you, and you make more as 747 FO than as a regular 737 CA.
dera is offline  
Old 06-06-2023, 06:41 AM
  #20014  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Nov 2015
Posts: 19
Default

Thanks for the info, i will be commuting from Buenos Aires, EZE.
I understand that the company wont provide a ticket to and from work in this case, any info on how to make this commute work? i take i would have to commute on my days off...
How long would it take to hold MIA?
Soyargento is offline  
Old 06-06-2023, 07:04 AM
  #20015  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Clue32's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO
Posts: 736
Default

Originally Posted by Soyargento View Post
Thanks for the info, i will be commuting from Buenos Aires, EZE.
I understand that the company wont provide a ticket to and from work in this case, any info on how to make this commute work? i take i would have to commute on my days off...
How long would it take to hold MIA?
Right now on the 747, MIA is at 12 Months. You should be able to at least escape ANC before finishing OE. On the 777, you could get MIA before finishing training.

I am showing an EZE flight once every 5 or 6 days... to SCL. Things change. You can always grab a cabin Jump Seat or just use miles. Or bid Secondary and hope to begin with a DH to SA. Not the most difficult location to commute from that I have heard of, but creativity and patience will be required.
Clue32 is offline  
Old 06-06-2023, 08:44 PM
  #20016  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Nov 2022
Posts: 96
Default

Originally Posted by 3pointlanding View Post
I lived and flew in Japan for 14 years and get ready for a culture shock and I mean that in a good way. The Japanese leave nothing for chance and leave nothing to chance and go out of their way to make things perfect. It is in their DNA. When our contract ended the wife and I hated to leave. One tip, stay away from Negishi and the Gaijin living areas. Enjoy the culture, get a copy of the Hiragana and Katakana alphabet, there are 42 on each and easy to learn. Note, there are 3 alphabets and Kanji really hard to learn, if not impossible. Learning some language would be a big help, Even a little will go a long way with the Japanese. We lived in Zushi and at first, the only Gaijns in the town. Best move we ever made. Enjoy, you will not regret it.
Oh yeah for sure. I have family living there and would've just liked to get a chance to visit them while on company training.
astray is online now  
Old 06-08-2023, 03:28 AM
  #20017  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Sep 2022
Posts: 5
Default

Anyone know the latest most junior captain hired for all bases?
RichardCranium is offline  
Old 06-08-2023, 04:12 AM
  #20018  
Gets Weekends Off
 
cfii2007's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,213
Default

Regarding Atlas and other ACMI carriers....do they give preference to former 135 freight applicants or do they hire out of the 91/135 fractional/corporate ranks?
cfii2007 is offline  
Old 06-08-2023, 04:32 AM
  #20019  
All is fine at .79
 
TiredSoul's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot
Posts: 3,928
Default

Originally Posted by cfii2007 View Post
Regarding Atlas and other ACMI carriers....do they give preference to former 135 freight applicants or do they hire out of the 91/135 fractional/corporate ranks?
Either/or.
Meaningful experience can come from many backgrounds.
TiredSoul is offline  
Old 06-08-2023, 06:49 AM
  #20020  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 659
Default

Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
Anyone know the latest most junior captain hired for all bases?
From last month's vacancy award (another one should be published later this month):

ANC 747 Dec 2017
CVG 737 Aug 2020
CVG 747 Aug 2017
CVG 767 Feb 2018
CVG 777 Dec 2018
IAH 747 Apr 2016
IAH 767 Jan 2017
JFK 747 Jun 2017
JFK 767 Feb 2016
LAX 747 Sep 2017
LAX 777 Dec 2018
MIA 747 May 2014
MIA 777 Oct 2016
ONT 767 Jan 2018
ORD 747 Apr 2017
PDX 737 Dec 2019
PDX 767 Jul 2017
TPA 767 Jul 2017
zerozero is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 05:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 07:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 08:19 PM
astropilot92571
Hiring News
4
04-26-2005 09:58 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread