Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 08:40 AM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD-11 FO
Posts: 25
Default FDX - ANC Disputed Update

It is now Friday morning and here is the status.

Capt 15 DP 12 still open, 2 given to RSV and 1 to a Vol

FO 27 DP 23 still open, 3 given to RSV and 1 to a Vol
Old Herk GUy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cujo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Great White North
Posts: 389
Default Noon Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Herk GUy View Post
It is now Friday morning and here is the status.

Capt 15 DP 12 still open, 2 given to RSV and 1 to a Vol

FO 27 DP 23 still open, 3 given to RSV and 1 to a Vol
ANC DP Trips that have been picked up as of Noon today

MD11 ANC

Trip 9 ANC 11 9Mar...F/O M.D. Non-N, Vol, first month in ANC from S/O
Trip 106 ANC 11 7Mar...CA & F/O Reserve
Trip 107 ANC 11 8Mar...CA Reserve, Line check
Trip 108 ANC 11 14Mar...F/O W.S. PN, Vol..has been contacted
Trip 112 ANC 11 29Mar...F/O J.G. PN, Vol
Trip 116 ANC 11 4Mar...CA & F/O reserve
Trip 139 ANC 11 13Mar...CA K.S. Vol
Trip 2048 ANC 11 31Mar...F/O T.W. Non-N, Vol, first month in ANC from S/O
Trip 2083 ANC 11 7Mar ... F/O J.B. PN Vol

Last edited by Cujo; 02-29-2008 at 12:27 PM. Reason: wording
Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jagplt's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2007
Position: 777 Multi-tasker
Posts: 712
Default

Cujo... excellent work... excellent!

we need this posted every month... wish I could figure out how.
jagplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ictflyer23's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: MD-11 FO
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
ANC DP Trips that have been picked up as of Noon today

MD11 ANC

Trip 9 ANC 11 9Mar...F/O M.D. Non-N, Vol, first month in ANC from S/O
Trip 106 ANC 11 7Mar...CA & F/O Reserve
Trip 107 ANC 11 8Mar...CA Reserve, Line check
Trip 108 ANC 11 14Mar...F/O W.S. PN, Vol..has been contacted
Trip 112 ANC 11 29Mar...F/O J.G. PN, Vol
Trip 116 ANC 11 4Mar...CA & F/O reserve
Trip 139 ANC 11 13Mar...CA K.S. Vol
Trip 2048 ANC 11 31Mar...F/O T.W. Non-N, Vol, first month in ANC from S/O
Trip 2083 ANC 11 7Mar ... F/O J.B. PN Vol

Nicely done -- Hope you have leaned hard on W.S.
ictflyer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:46 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jagplt's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2007
Position: 777 Multi-tasker
Posts: 712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
A9MAR08"]Trip 9 ANC 11 9Mar[/URL]...F/O M.D. Non-N, Vol, first month in ANC from S/O
Had a conversation with the offending newbie, welco9med him to ANC and explained the DP seriousness. He's now well aware of how it's viewed in ANC.

My impression was, new, been an S/O mostly on reserve, never been exposed to it before.... a lack of education on his part. His mistake. My question is, who's responsible for the education of our young? We are... so I made it a very understandable lesson.

So.... bottom line, he's well aware of the seriousness of the mistake and indicated a desire to drop the trip. I'll let him make that decision. Kept it upbeat and informative, but firm. Recommended he get with Guy and get on the mailing list quickly.

Probably doesn't need repeated calls from other Capt's.
jagplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
cma2407's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Row well and live...
Posts: 494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagplt View Post
Had a conversation with the offending newbie, welco9med him to ANC and explained the DP seriousness. He's now well aware of how it's viewed in ANC.

My impression was, new, been an S/O mostly on reserve, never been exposed to it before.... a lack of education on his part. His mistake. My question is, who's responsible for the education of our young? We are... so I made it a very understandable lesson.

So.... bottom line, he's well aware of the seriousness of the mistake and indicated a desire to drop the trip. I'll let him make that decision. Kept it upbeat and informative, but firm. Recommended he get with Guy and get on the mailing list quickly.

Probably doesn't need repeated calls from other Capt's.
At least from you.
cma2407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:39 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gunter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagplt View Post
.

.... a lack of education on his part. His mistake. My question is, who's responsible for the education of our young? We are... so I made it a very understandable lesson.

.

Newhires get an evening with ALPA during ground school. That is the perfect opportunity to give a presentation and hand over some sort of education pamphlet. I don't think it gets done like it should.

Not only that but the first impression is an important one. If we don't think it's vital to hear about this process in the beginning they probably wonder why it is suddenly important 6 months into their career here.

So it becomes the duty of those who fly with newhires AND people who haven't been briefed or run into this issue before.

Last edited by Gunter; 02-29-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cujo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Great White North
Posts: 389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagplt View Post
Had a conversation with the offending newbie, welco9med him to ANC and explained the DP seriousness. He's now well aware of how it's viewed in ANC.

My impression was, new, been an S/O mostly on reserve, never been exposed to it before.... a lack of education on his part. His mistake. My question is, who's responsible for the education of our young? We are... so I made it a very understandable lesson.

So.... bottom line, he's well aware of the seriousness of the mistake and indicated a desire to drop the trip. I'll let him make that decision. Kept it upbeat and informative, but firm. Recommended he get with Guy and get on the mailing list quickly.

Probably doesn't need repeated calls from other Capt's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cma2407 View Post
At least from you.
Aren't you two sitting on the same couch? Put the beer and computer down and tell him your reply
Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jagplt's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2007
Position: 777 Multi-tasker
Posts: 712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
Aren't you two sitting on the same couch? Put the beer and computer down and tell him your reply

easy there cujo.... jealousy get's you nowhere...

ya big brute.
jagplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 PM   #10  
Gets Off
 
md11phlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Nordskog Industries Field Technician
Posts: 688
Default

I'm so sick of this "new guy" bull****. Either you figure it out or you're a dumb ass, bottom line.

We have so many guys who need it spelled out for them in a manual or some kind of SOP. Look jackass, you have to think for yourself now.

The young punks at my old commuter airline flying 9 legs a day with no autopilot into the ****tiest airports in North America wouldn't dare to do this kind of ****.

Go ahead and edit out the cussing.

Last edited by md11phlyer; 03-01-2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Removed dumbass mil comment.
md11phlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FDX March Disputed Pairings 2cylinderdriver Cargo 186 04-02-2008 12:32 PM
FDX ANC, One more time md11phlyer Cargo 1 02-28-2008 08:00 PM
FX - Disputed Pairings Lessons FX Bone Guy Cargo 18 01-29-2008 07:53 PM
FDX: Jan08 Disputed Pairings FlybyKnite Cargo 50 01-29-2008 07:06 AM
FDX Nov07 Disputed Pairs FlybyKnite Cargo 67 11-18-2007 11:40 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:02 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1