Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #198651  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 230
Default

iCrew is foaming at the mouth to tell me initial vacation window is opening up for PVACs. But I've click around on this decrepit UI for an hour and can't for the life of me find the breakdown of how many Vacation Weeks are available for bid for each week in the 2020-2021 Vacation year. Help? #boomer
popcopy is offline  
Old 12-06-2019, 03:08 PM   #198652  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DWC CAP10 USAF's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: UNAcorn
Posts: 1,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcopy View Post
iCrew is foaming at the mouth to tell me initial vacation window is opening up for PVACs. But I've click around on this decrepit UI for an hour and can't for the life of me find the breakdown of how many Vacation Weeks are available for bid for each week in the 2020-2021 Vacation year. Help? #boomer
1) icrew message says the weeks available will be posted NLT Jan 2020
2) when they are posted they can be found on Deltanet > Flt Ops / Crew Scheds > Vacations/KLOA
DWC CAP10 USAF is offline  
Old 12-06-2019, 03:10 PM   #198653  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FL370esq's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcopy View Post
iCrew is foaming at the mouth to tell me initial vacation window is opening up for PVACs. But I've click around on this decrepit UI for an hour and can't for the life of me find the breakdown of how many Vacation Weeks are available for bid for each week in the 2020-2021 Vacation year. Help? #boomer
You probably won't see that till later in the month. They have to have the available weeks posted by Jan 1st (see 7.C.2).
FL370esq is offline  
Old 12-06-2019, 03:15 PM   #198654  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC CAP10 USAF View Post
1) icrew message says the weeks available will be posted NLT Jan 2020
2) when they are posted they can be found on Deltanet > Flt Ops / Crew Scheds > Vacations/KLOA
Ah thanks! I see that now on the DLNet. Says weeks avail will be posted by Jan 1 and bidding closes Jan 8. I'll check back after Santa visits...

iCrew throws me for a loop when it says on the homepage: "WEEKS AVAILABLE FOR PVACS WILL BE
POSTED NLT 08JAN20."
Yo, don't post the weeks avail the same day the bid closes! What's up with that?
popcopy is offline  
Old 12-06-2019, 04:27 PM   #198655  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TED74's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcopy View Post
Ah thanks! I see that now on the DLNet. Says weeks avail will be posted by Jan 1 and bidding closes Jan 8. I'll check back after Santa visits...

iCrew throws me for a loop when it says on the homepage: "WEEKS AVAILABLE FOR PVACS WILL BE
POSTED NLT 08JAN20."
Yo, don't post the weeks avail the same day the bid closes! What's up with that?
Is that going to affect your bid? I plan to bid the weeks I want independent from how many are available.
TED74 is offline  
Old 12-06-2019, 04:51 PM   #198656  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TED74 View Post
Is that going to affect your bid? I plan to bid the weeks I want independent from how many are available.
Nope, wonít effect them at all. But itís nice to have the SA to then share with the misses what my odds are of having that banging week next year in XYZ.
popcopy is offline  
Old 12-06-2019, 06:42 PM   #198657  
Gets Weekends Off
 
zippinbye's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: 7ER/A
Posts: 555
Default

Feb. Conversion List is a big deal for vacation bidding; expect to see that first.
zippinbye is offline  
Old 12-07-2019, 09:15 AM   #198658  
Line Holder
 
Jp8burner's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Posts: 46
Default travel for training

So I've got an E period sim on the 10th, flying from the west coast. Do I need to travel on the 9th or is it permissible to arrive on the 10th, 4 hours or so before the sim? Couldn't find any guidance in the FOM, etc.

TIA
Jp8burner is offline  
Old 12-07-2019, 01:42 PM   #198659  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Denny Crane's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: A330A for the time being...
Posts: 6,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp8burner View Post
So I've got an E period sim on the 10th, flying from the west coast. Do I need to travel on the 9th or is it permissible to arrive on the 10th, 4 hours or so before the sim? Couldn't find any guidance in the FOM, etc.

TIA
Donít know the answer to your question but if you are going to CQ and have two E period sims, make sure you call the hotel and make sure they donít cancel your room. Iím a west coast guy and do CQ with E period sims. It always says if you donít check in the first day (travel day), your hotel reservation will be canceled.

Denny
Denny Crane is offline  
Old 12-07-2019, 03:02 PM   #198660  
Gets Weekends Off
 
m3113n1a1's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp8burner View Post
So I've got an E period sim on the 10th, flying from the west coast. Do I need to travel on the 9th or is it permissible to arrive on the 10th, 4 hours or so before the sim? Couldn't find any guidance in the FOM, etc.

TIA
Not sure about the legality of it all, but I know lots of guys do fly in the day of their E periods. I usually try to arrive late the day prior so I can be nice and rested. But I'm one of those people who hates being tired with a passion.
m3113n1a1 is online now  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply

Tags
r:15, s:0
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comair updates? On Autopilot Regional 22580 07-21-2019 07:44 AM
Delta Pilot Career Path Program AeroCrewSolut Delta 153 08-14-2018 12:18 PM
Delta deal could become model for scope Bill Lumberg Major 71 06-13-2012 08:36 AM
Re: RAH Quagmire Major 253 04-16-2011 06:19 AM
DELTA to trump AMR? JiffyLube Major 12 03-07-2008 04:27 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:21 PM.