Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

Class Drop List

Old 09-14-2018, 10:33 AM
  #21  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by havick206 View Post
CA or FO?

Filler
On the FO side.
SeaHunter is offline  
Old 09-14-2018, 10:37 AM
  #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2015
Posts: 586
Default

How long were you out for? After a certain amount of time your able to bid for what you can hold. Are you sure you have to do the 145? Or perhaps you want to.
Bigpimppilot is offline  
Old 09-14-2018, 10:42 AM
  #23  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by Bigpimppilot View Post
How long were you out for? After a certain amount of time your able to bid for what you can hold. Are you sure you have to do the 145? Or perhaps you want to.
I’ll be starting indoc in Nov just wondering if the 145 will be available, and how long it would take to get back to Miami. The 175 would be great but since it’s not based in Miami I think the QOL would be better on the 145.
SeaHunter is offline  
Old 09-14-2018, 10:48 AM
  #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,727
Default

Originally Posted by SeaHunter View Post
Iíll be starting indoc in Nov just wondering if the 145 will be available, and how long it would take to get back to Miami. The 175 would be great but since itís not based in Miami I think the QOL would be better on the 145.
No one knows what will be available for each class.

145 guys have been able to bid back to Mia on the FO side after one or two bid cycles. 3-6 months.

A lot that went to Mia have since come back to Lga as they never flew at all on reserve in Mia. So that will help speed up a transfer to Mia for you.
havick206 is offline  
Old 09-14-2018, 10:54 AM
  #25  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by havick206 View Post
No one knows what will be available for each class.

145 guys have been able to bid back to Mia on the FO side after one or two bid cycles. 3-6 months.

A lot that went to Mia have since come back to Lga as they never flew at all on reserve in Mia. So that will help speed up a transfer to Mia for you.
Thanks,

Also if I donít get the 145 Miami, and say I get 175 instead what is the next best base to pick for QOL if Iím commuting out of FLL?
SeaHunter is offline  
Old 09-14-2018, 12:18 PM
  #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by Bigpimppilot View Post
How long were you out for? After a certain amount of time your able to bid for what you can hold. Are you sure you have to do the 145? Or perhaps you want to.
Iím not sure if this was meant for me, but I was out for over a year. I would take the 175 if they offered it, but it doesnít sound like thatís an option. Iíll ask when I can get in touch with someone in training.
Tomhawker is offline  
Old 09-14-2018, 04:48 PM
  #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,523
Default

Originally Posted by SeaHunter View Post
Iíll be starting indoc in Nov just wondering if the 145 will be available, and how long it would take to get back to Miami. The 175 would be great but since itís not based in Miami I think the QOL would be better on the 145.
Training department has said all new hire FOs are going into the 175 for now. How long that will last, who knows. But the 145 training is winding down significantly. They just displaced another 7 145 instructors back to the line, along with 6 instructors doing line rotation, and additionally a handful of 145 PSIs are transitioning to the 175.
bigtime209 is offline  
Old 09-14-2018, 05:00 PM
  #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 101
Default

Originally Posted by bigtime209 View Post
Training department has said all new hire FOs are going into the 175 for now. How long that will last, who knows. But the 145 training is winding down significantly. They just displaced another 7 145 instructors back to the line, along with 6 instructors doing line rotation, and additionally a handful of 145 PSIs are transitioning to the 175.
The situation here is certainly a bit intriguing. The company claims a captain shortage but I personally donít see it reflected anywhere. No critical coverage, reserves not being used much at all, not much OT to go around, etc. Weíve just been stock piling pilots. Almost as if a bunch of flying is about to get dumped on us sometime in the near future...
CaptJackSparrow is offline  
Old 09-14-2018, 05:52 PM
  #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,523
Default

Originally Posted by CaptJackSparrow View Post
The situation here is certainly a bit intriguing. The company claims a captain shortage but I personally donít see it reflected anywhere. No critical coverage, reserves not being used much at all, not much OT to go around, etc. Weíve just been stock piling pilots. Almost as if a bunch of flying is about to get dumped on us sometime in the near future...
Well...a wave a new 175s is starting to roll in beginning this November. 25 planes on order if I remember correctly. At roughly 20 pilots needed for each plane, that's 500 pilots required. And considering that we're losing 29 pilots/month to flow alone throughout next year, things are gonna get very tight next year. We may not be feeling it too badly right now, but it's no doubt coming.
bigtime209 is offline  
Old 09-14-2018, 06:11 PM
  #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Jersdawg's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 674
Default

Originally Posted by bigtime209 View Post
Well...a wave a new 175s is starting to roll in beginning this November. 25 planes on order if I remember correctly. At roughly 20 pilots needed for each plane, that's 500 pilots required. And considering that we're losing 29 pilots/month to flow alone throughout next year, things are gonna get very tight next year. We may not be feeling it too badly right now, but it's no doubt coming.
Ten 175s in the 4th quarter this year, then 15 next year. So theyíre definitely loading up for the future staffing needs.
Jersdawg is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
FMGEC
Delta
13
11-20-2017 09:35 AM
Route66
American
6
04-08-2015 07:38 AM
Bucking Bar
Major
1
02-04-2009 12:12 PM
seafeye
Regional
140
01-29-2009 07:24 AM
maddogmax
Mergers and Acquisitions
96
10-23-2008 07:53 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread