Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2019, 03:41 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
UnprotectdPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Position: CA
Posts: 158
Exclamation 1% Pay Raise Coming (January 2020)

It's less than inflation, so we'll be making less money overall next year than this year. But at least we're not losing the full projected 2.73% inflation rate in the U.S., so it's really a net loss of only 1.73%.
UnprotectdPilot is offline  
Old 07-21-2019, 03:58 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cyio's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnprotectdPilot View Post
It's less than inflation, so we'll be making less money overall next year than this year. But at least we're not losing the full projected 2.73% inflation rate in the U.S., so it's really a net loss of only 1.73%.
Uhhh, Ok. Source? Troll post?
Cyio is offline  
Old 07-21-2019, 04:03 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
UnprotectdPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Position: CA
Posts: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyio View Post
Uhhh, Ok. Source? Troll post?
LOA from 2018 has us getting 1% raises per year through January 2021.
UnprotectdPilot is offline  
Old 07-21-2019, 04:04 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cyio's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnprotectdPilot View Post
LOA from 2018 has us getting 1% raises per year through January 2021.
Oh I see what you are saying, sorry, coffee is just starting to hit the blood stream. I read it as something else. Carry on, lol.

Yeah not sure why we would have agreed to a paltry 1%. It hasn't been 1% on average in so long it's laughable.
Cyio is offline  
Old 07-21-2019, 04:16 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
UnprotectdPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Position: CA
Posts: 158
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyio View Post
Oh I see what you are saying, sorry, coffee is just starting to hit the blood stream. I read it as something else. Carry on, lol.

Yeah not sure why we would have agreed to a paltry 1%. It hasn't been 1% on average in so long it's laughable.
Ha, you're fine, no worries. I just thought I'd highlight the pathetic situation we have going on here.

Are people not outraged about pay anymore or what? Are we done cooling down yet?
UnprotectdPilot is offline  
Old 07-21-2019, 04:25 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BIueSideUp's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Fetal
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnprotectdPilot View Post
Ha, you're fine, no worries. I just thought I'd highlight the pathetic situation we have going on here.

Are people not outraged about pay anymore or what? Are we done cooling down yet?
Company will try to stall until the recession and then tell us to fly planes or get lost.
BIueSideUp is offline  
Old 07-21-2019, 04:44 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cyio's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnprotectdPilot View Post
Ha, you're fine, no worries. I just thought I'd highlight the pathetic situation we have going on here.

Are people not outraged about pay anymore or what? Are we done cooling down yet?
Well in terms of pay we have several groups here at envoy, which is our age old problem.

1. You knew the rates when you signed up so suck it. You are never allowed to want more pay because you knew what you got yourself into.

2. The group that thinks everyone thatís come here since 2003 are the problem. Son naturally if thatís you we donít want to hear it.

3. The group that is new, young and has very little expenses. The money they are making seems amazing and since no family the qol issues are not that big. Hence, we donít need more money and Envoy is great.

4. The group that does have expenses and families priorities that wants pay raises now along with qol improvements

5. The group that flows in the next few months. They donít care, just get me out of here.

6. Increase flow group, who cares about pay.

7. Increase pay, who cares about flow. Canít take pay rate away.

I think everyone that has had an opinion has made it. I think that most people on the line I have spoken too about it understand the various viewpoints.

I think now itís a waiting game for the union to decide which of these to focus on and for the company to decide when they actually need to pay up. Everyone is just waiting.
Cyio is offline  
Old 07-21-2019, 05:09 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Ijustlikeflying's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Posts: 414
Default

[QUOTE=UnprotectdPilot;2856582]Ha, you're fine, no worries. I just thought I'd highlight the pathetic situation we have going on here.

Are people not outraged about pay anymore or what? Are we done cooling down yet? [/QUOTE

For real...itís pathetic that we even need a cooling down period, all the union did was put out an honest, factual email after the company withdrew from the AIP. What does the company have to be mad about and need cooling down for? Suck it up and letís get the damn ball rollin already. I got mouths to feed, college funds to fill, and a house to pay off etc.

...oh and back pay to the 15th of May or further back.

Letís go.
Ijustlikeflying is offline  
Old 07-21-2019, 06:35 AM   #9  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Sep 2018
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyio View Post
Well in terms of pay we have several groups here at envoy, which is our age old problem.

1. You knew the rates when you signed up so suck it. You are never allowed to want more pay because you knew what you got yourself into.

2. The group that thinks everyone that’s come here since 2003 are the problem. Son naturally if that’s you we don’t want to hear it.

3. The group that is new, young and has very little expenses. The money they are making seems amazing and since no family the qol issues are not that big. Hence, we don’t need more money and Envoy is great.

4. The group that does have expenses and families priorities that wants pay raises now along with qol improvements

5. The group that flows in the next few months. They don’t care, just get me out of here.

6. Increase flow group, who cares about pay.

7. Increase pay, who cares about flow. Can’t take pay rate away.

I think everyone that has had an opinion has made it. I think that most people on the line I have spoken too about it understand the various viewpoints.

I think now it’s a waiting game for the union to decide which of these to focus on and for the company to decide when they actually need to pay up. Everyone is just waiting.
Wow, what a great bullet point argument against pay raises that can be summarized up in one statement: "No need for it because nobody needs the money"

lol, you are a Regional company's wet dream.
ICUROOK is offline  
Old 07-21-2019, 08:54 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
rld1k's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUROOK View Post
Wow, what a great bullet point argument against pay raises that can be summarized up in one statement: "No need for it because nobody needs the money"

lol, you are a Regional company's wet dream.
reading comprehension
rld1k is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Envoy pay raise details RyanP Envoy Airlines 85 06-18-2017 03:07 AM
3B4 coal in your stocking notEnuf Delta 238 12-22-2015 04:20 AM
Details on Delta TA gzsg Delta 10296 07-10-2015 01:42 PM
Airline Pilot pay justification nerd2009 Major 71 09-26-2010 01:19 AM
SWA headed for Chap. 11 2 BLUE JetBlue 47 09-12-2005 11:25 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:05 PM.